• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    certainly could get ugly. Hope the dam doesn't burst, so to speak

About 150 miles northeast of San Francisco, Lake Oroville is one of California's largest man-made lakes, and the 770-foot-tall Oroville Dam is the nation's tallest. The lake is a central piece of California's government-run water delivery network, supplying water for agriculture in the Central Valley and residents and businesses in Southern California.

:runaway:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I would hope regardless of the politics the federal government would help. After all this is Northern California which isn't as big of an issue.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Lived in Sacramento for 9 years, worked in the Oroville area occasionally. Beautiful country, hope they get it fixed.

Some areas were very conservative, most of the state is the way you would expect of liberals.

Don

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    As a native of NorCal, I believe that Nazgul's got it right. Unfortunately most of the affected area is fairly conservative. And as others have said, if that dam were to let go entirely... the results WILL be crazy bad.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    "Those backpacks in the closet are in my way and taking up too much space."

"You'll appreciate them some day when I throw them in the car and you have the things you need."

One more example for preppers with reluctant/ridiculing family members. Also another example how fragile our infrastructure is and how many easy targets exist for terrorist.

Hope the dam doesn't burst, would be a modern day disaster.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    California what's to leave the union. They are broke. But now they want the federal government to step in and pay to save their damn.
    Hmmm.
    It's part of the plan, secede, become a failed nation-state, and receive BILLIONS in US Aid dollars! It's a brilliant plan, and entitles them to more money than they would get as a mere "United" State! Brilliant! We'll now have to send troops to disperse the aid, which will be required to spend $$'s on the "local" economy, hire "foreign nationals" to guard the bases, and do the menial tasks, pay "tribute" to the local Juntas in order to get things done...Whoever though of this is a pure genius!!!!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Any idea what California's federal income tax payment is?

can you imagine how much more solvent SS and Medicare would become if 30 million people were no longer on it?

that's an issue I see, do those people lose citizenship and the benefits that come with it?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Nobody is asking the important question, how does this affect the precious delta smelt?:dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Any idea what California's federal income tax payment is?

can you imagine how much more solvent SS and Medicare would become if 30 million people were no longer on it?

that's an issue I see, do those people lose citizenship and the benefits that come with it?

California isn't going to succeed any more than Texas was. They're just a bunch of lefties who are pissed because their side doesn't control the stick anymore. But if we're going to talk about givers and takers, California's GDP ranks 7th in the world. Among the states, they rank 5th in givers to takers in the nation. In other words, their net contributions to the federal till rank 5th compared to how much they take, overall. In comparison, Missippi ranks dead last.

That seams rather antithetical to our favorite moniker, "Kommiefornia". And it's not that I think "Kommiefornia" isn't earned. It is. But they have a YUGE tech industry and workforce there, with high paying jobs and big tax payments. Their YUGE population is largely responsible for that. Industries that require a highly educated workforce like to center in mega population centers that attract the best talent. Compare that with the worst-ranked state, Missippi, and it's easy to see why. Missippi has a much lower population, their industries are mostly agg and light manufacturing, which don't pay like tech companies pay.

Anyway, point is, it would be a net loss of federal income to have Kommiefornia succeed.

Top Bottom