• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So I guess today is something called "A Day Without Immigrants" where immigrants are supposed to strike to show us what life would be like without them.

On March 8th, they are organizing "A Day Without a Woman" for the same purpose.

I've had a few thoughts about this:

#1 It's never been my goal to allow my employer an opportunity to see that they can get along without me.

#2 I expect March 8th to be a quiet and restful day.

#3 I wonder what "A Day Without Men who are Citizens" would look like...I've never seen "The Purge".

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    How long is this national temper tantrum expected to last?
    Until a Democrat is in the White House again. And the more people protest, stomp their feet, physically attack their political opponents, and vilify anyone not subscribing to their belief system that day gets further and further away.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    How long is this national temper tantrum expected to last?

I think the plan is to accuse Trump of everything under the sun in the hopes that something sticks, or at the very least, he spends so much time defending his administration that he doesn't have time to actually accomplish anything.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    The issue isn't immigrants - hell, just about everybody's family were immigrants at some point.

The issue isn't with Ellis Island types who did it "right" when they came to the US - the issue is with illegal/undocumented/unauthorized/not-suppose-to-be-here immigrants who don't have citizenship, aren't Permanent Residents, or don't hold visas.

Progressives know this, yet continue to use wholly-inclusive language to make their opposition seem more extreme on the issue than they actually are.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The issue isn't immigrants - hell, just about everybody's family were immigrants at some point.

The issue isn't with Ellis Island types who did it "right" when they came to the US - the issue is with illegal/undocumented/unauthorized/not-suppose-to-be-here immigrants who don't have citizenship, aren't Permanent Residents, or don't hold visas.

Progressives know this, yet continue to use wholly-inclusive language to make their opposition seem more extreme on the issue than they actually are.

This is absolutely being done. Accuse Trump of opposing immigration and leave out the part where he is clear in his support for legal​ immigration.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I work for a company that employs about 40-50% Hispanics, mostly temps, and so far it has meant that I can get uninterrupted bathroom time. I could get used to it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I must have missed the protest against the Mexican government for failing to make the country a place people wanted to live.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What's going to happen when it turns out absolutely no one missed them?

The same thing that happens after a government shutdown: they will return, determined to believe that everyone missed them and suffered in some way, dismissing any other possibility even as they sweep up the remnants of what appear to have been great festivities and celebration which occurred during their brief absence.

Top Bottom