• ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    That this is a thing...that's ridiculous

It is indeed ridiculous. I have a great doctor, he`s a very right-of-center guy like me. We`ve discussed this, and I told him, as much as I like him, it would be unpleasant were he to grill me about firearms. He laughed and said he never would, that he practices medicine, not social engineering.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    NPR.... meh.

I do listen to them in the car on occasion, but it tends to get my blood boiling, and so have cut back.

Scrolled down past the article in question, and there is another article with the headline "As Presidents Live Longer, Doctors Debate Whether To Test For Dementia," and a picture of President Trump, or a look alike. That is the new meme... the Presdient is crazy and needs to be impeached so Hillary can take over.

:n00b:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ask the doctor his certification in gun safety and/or operation.

And, ask what guns have to do with what you are there for?

Followed by, are you also going to get grilled on dangerous chemicals, blunt objects, sharp objects, first aid kits, and fire extinguishers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And if your doctor is a lefty wacko, anything other than "Nope. No guns in my house." is a defacto "yes" answer. Only the type of person that hangs around this place would refuse to answer. An anti gunner isnt likely to be defensive about it like we would be.

And my wife and kids also know the drill. "No sir, no guns in our house."

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I think it depends on why they are asking. If my Dr asked because he thought there was a safety issue and my kid, me, or wife also needs to see another type of Dr as well then I welcome the conversation. But if its to try and restrict our right then no it shouldn't be brought up.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My Dr knows I have guns, since I OC in when I visit his office. Other than some questions about carrying, that is all the conversation has been. Personally, if I was afraid to discuss something with my Dr, I would find a new Dr.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    To clarify, the gun questions this relates to are questions mandated by DHS or the insurance company for some kind of statistical research/data collection. This isnt talking about somebody like Hoosierdoc shooting the breeze about guns.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    To clarify, the gun questions this relates to are questions mandated by DHS or the insurance company for some kind of statistical research/data collection. This isnt talking about somebody like Hoosierdoc shooting the breeze about guns.
    Mandated? I've never been asked this mandated question, even before I started OCing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Mandated? I've never been asked this mandated question, even before I started OCing.
    Not all docs are "required" and not all docs follow the guideline. (many docs are free thinkers and think meaningless crap like these questions are a waste of their time)

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Mandated or not, I don't care.
    It's none of their business.
    If they think it's their business, then I guess it's my business whether or not the doc's wife enjoys having anal sex. Cause that has as much to do with the doc visit as me having a gun.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I admit to being tired... But this seems weird

florida is a conservative state full of republicans, usually. It seems like this law was meant to stop docs from lecturing patients or documenting firearm ownership. But I agree you can't pass a law telling a doc they can't ask about something

but it's funny because social workers are NOT allowed to give their opinions of nursing homes, for that is illegal :rofl:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not that big of a deal, let them ask, counter with your own questions. A good one to start of the conversation is, "Doc, do you prefer anal sex to any other type of sex?" What? None of my business you say!? Point taken!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Mandated or not, I don't care.
    It's none of their business.
    If they think it's their business, then I guess it's my business whether or not the doc's wife enjoys having anal sex. Cause that has as much to do with the doc visit as me having a gun.
    i see you've read my answers before! Didn't read the whole thread before I answered.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom