• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I'll never understand why so many people of Jewish faith side with the liberals. The libs undermine the state of Israel at every turn. Then again, I don't understand why there are so many liberal Catholics either. How are those "pro-choice" and "gay marriage" things sittin' with the Vatican?

I suppose many Jews associate conservativism with the "Christian Right", and see it as a threat to Judaism. Sure, there are some fundamentalist Christian groups that are anti-Jewish. However, it seems to me that any true Christian would see the bible as being full of Jews doing God's work. Wouldn't it then be their Christian duty to defend the Jewish people?

But what would I know? I'm just an atheist.

Last edited:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    The evangelicals are a diverse group. The vast majority of them are very pro Israel. They accept that the Jews are God's chosen people. Some of them even believe that they are part of the Jewish tradition. They feel they want to be on the side of Israel at Armageddon (doesn't sound good to be on the other side in Revelations). That is why most Republican Presidents are much more likely to side with Israel than some of the Dems out there who flirt with the Palestinians/Arabs at times.

The Catholic question... from what I can gather they are also big on the government helping the poor so they like those social welfare programs. Not sure how they overlook the abortion thing unless they aren't as stirred up by it as the leadership is.

Top Bottom