• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    not as a stand alone. if its one of many tattoos/markings that could be construed as racist, it might be an indication of something that could bar a recruit from enlisting though.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    An organization should be allowed to admit or reject whomever they please. Although, I've never understood why a military branch would pass up the chance to put some front line grunts out there.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    An organization should be allowed to admit or reject whomever they please.
    I agree in the case of private organizations -- you want to start a club that's whites-only, be my guest. In the case of public organizations (meaning government), their standards must necessarily be examined and in some cases rejected.

In the case of the military, I would think that given our supposed recruiting problems, anyone physically able to do the job and expressing a desire to join up should be considered more carefully than just booting based on a tattoo. Then again, I'm not a recruiter, and maybe they consider tattoos more important than the ability to fight.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I don't care what anyone says that's reverse racism. I was expelled from my highscool for wearing a rebel flag. All because the "other"kids got offended. When I came back the next year I didn't quit wearing my flag. A kid in study hall threatend to kill me and pushed me out of my chair. I rocked him one good time. I got kicked out again and he got babied. Its reverse racism not matter how you toss the dice.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    In the case of the military, I would think that given our supposed recruiting problems, anyone physically able to do the job and expressing a desire to join up should be considered more carefully than just booting based on a tattoo. Then again, I'm not a recruiter, and maybe they consider tattoos more important than the ability to fight.

supposed is the key word in that phrase. ive seen the army cut [re]enlistment bonuses, and the air force laughed at me when i asked about going from green to blue. they dont need prior service, and they dont need people with tattoos(even non-controversial ones). my little brother was denied enlistment in the af because of a minor consumption. the military is not hurting for recruits.

also, recruiters dont decide who to enlist. the guidelines come from the pentagon.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    Meh, they're looking for reasons to boot/not accept people. Most units in the Army/Marines are at 110% capacity from what I've heard.

They gave me a Psych eval because of 2 of my tattoos. Why? because they both had scythe's. You can't see either of them unless I have my shirt off too, and I had them prior to enlisting and disclosed both of them when I joined. So it's not like they didn't know about them.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I feel it is just more political correctness gone overboard. The Confederate flag may have a different meaning to someone from Mississippi compared to someone from NY City, in the military you learn to get along with all different types of people with different views from around the country.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    They dang sure don't want to address all the gang members that they accepted during the hiring crunch either.I'm not talking wannabe's! Crips,Bloods,MM,Nazi Lowriders,etc.Hardcore bangers that are getting house to house guerilla warfare training courtesy of Uncle Sam.:ar15:

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    They dang sure don't want to address all the gang members that they accepted during the hiring crunch either.I'm not talking wannabe's! Crips,Bloods,MM,Nazi Lowriders,etc.Hardcore bangers that are getting house to house guerilla warfare training courtesy of Uncle Sam.:ar15:
    Some of them were sent there by their street gang bosses (covered gangland tattoos) to learn these techniques and teach them to other "bangers". that's why alot of Bangers are better shot and better in a firefight than most cops. they have more training and more experience in life or death firefights.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Some of them were sent there by their street gang bosses (covered gangland tattoos) to learn these techniques and teach them to other "bangers". that's why alot of Bangers are better shot and better in a firefight than most cops. they have more training and more experience in life or death firefights.

scary thought, but ive seen it. a lot of it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I feel it is just more political correctness gone overboard. The Confederate flag may have a different meaning to someone from Mississippi compared to someone from NY City, in the military you learn to get along with all different types of people with different views from around the country.

Wonder if the libs realize it's the ultimate exposure to multi-culturalism.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    U.S. Marines Boot Recruits With Confederate Tattoos | The FOX Nation
    The Confederate flag means and symbolizes different things to different people. It may be used by hate groups and is also a symbol of southern pride and heritage. Should a young man be rejected from enlisting in the Marines because of his confederate flag tattoo?

Actually, the Marine Corps is denying enlistment for most tatoos. My GF's son just enlisted (going into avionics repair), and his recruiter told him not to get any tats until after boot camp, otherwise he'll be kicked out.

A kid from his school got a tat between enlistment and showing up for boot camp (I think it was a snake or something). The Marine Corps discharged him.

So I don't think it's a discrimination thing.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I've never heard of kicking soldiers out for tattoos. I know they discourage it for you to get any once you enlist-because its called "Destruction of Government Property".

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    I've never heard of kicking soldiers out for tattoos. I know they discourage it for you to get any once you enlist-because its called "Destruction of Government Property".

the army is going the opposite direction on tattoos. you can now get/have them on your neck and hands. im a guy with a lot of tattoos, but even i think that looks tacky.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Take a tour of any weapons co. in 2nd Mardiv in Camp Lejeune. You'll see the crip tats and the Bloods signs, latin kings, Gangster Disciples. they are there.

im sure they arent ex-members also, which is what they will tell you. or they will deny a pitchfork, 5/6 pointed star, crown, 13, etc etc are gang related, and they "just liked the way it looked". army infantry is full of 'em too.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    the army is going the opposite direction on tattoos. you can now get/have them on your neck and hands. im a guy with a lot of tattoos, but even i think that looks tacky.

Me too. A long time ago when i was a cherry it was strictly forbidden, now just like everything else, its got relaxed.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    supposed is the key word in that phrase. ive seen the army cut [re]enlistment bonuses, and the air force laughed at me when i asked about going from green to blue. they dont need prior service, and they dont need people with tattoos(even non-controversial ones). my little brother was denied enlistment in the af because of a minor consumption. the military is not hurting for recruits.
    Good to know. :yesway:

Top Bottom