• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    OK it's time for the Nappanee gun show this Saturday 10-30-10. Who's up for a meet and greet? Last April I planned one at the Borkholder Dutch village restaurant for 6 AM but the restaurant didn't open till 7am (the web site still says it opens at 6am Saturday, by the way!)

Anybody interested in meeting at the restaurant at 7AM, or maybe meeting there for lunch?
    Borkholder Village Restaurant

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I THINK my brother and I are going to the show but it won't be all that early. I think there is an auction over by him that he wanted to check out. Also just noticed the 7am, depending on what time the auction starts I probably wouldn't be up.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    I THINK my brother and I are going to the show but it won't be all that early. I think there is an auction over by him that he wanted to check out. Also just noticed the 7am, depending on what time the auction starts I probably wouldn't be up.

This auction?

Next weekend is the La Porte Gun & Knife show, and the following weekend is the Shipshewana Gun & Knife show.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    So I didn't exactly manage to get this one off the ground, but I did manage to meet with one other INGO participant who calls himself "Life Member". We had coffee and talked for quite a little while. It was a good time and we talked about going shooting sometime.
    I am thinking of getting a group together to make a road trip to the NWI INGO Meet & Shoot: Sunday, 14 NOV 2010 in Winamac, since it is the last one they are having this year.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...t_sunday_14_nov_2010_-_last_1_for_2010_a.html

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I wish I wasn't working, I hate to miss that show,,,, How was it?
    Very busy, as usual. I got the phone number of a guy who was trying to sell an 1858 reproduction "buffalo pistol". I didn't have the money to buy it, but I would love one if I had some time to scrape together. I think next time I am going to head over in the afternoon to see if there are any deals, from people trying to clear out.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Yeah that was the auction he wanted to check out. We did pretty good at an auction Metzger Auction did over the summer at the fairgrounds in Warsaw. We didn't end up going to either that auction or one in LaPorte I was interested in. Didn't make the gun show either. Probably a good thing because I've got a tax stamp, engraving, and some small things I'd like to pick up for my sbr AR so I can get that finished.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Delmar, you ever make it over to the Wolf Lake bird & animal swap meet up in Ligonier? Usually some decent firearms there. For $4 it isn't too bad, usually a couple random tables with guns and accessories and a dealer with usually 5-6 rifle racks full, muzzle loaders, several tables of handguns. He is pretty decent about offers. The few times I've been there he has had quite a bit of odd ball ammo. I've seen things from an 1873 Trap Door(pretty decent price) to evil black rifles. My brother sent me a picture of an M203 grenade launcher. That place always has a ton of shotguns and a few tables have some good deals on handguns.

I've also seen a 1871 Springfield Rolling Block. Lots of Amish baked goods there too. Both times I've been there they've had some beautiful pit bull puppies, cane corso puppies, and Neapolitan Mastiff puppies. Good thing I rode with my brother or I'd have been bringing ammo, a rifle, and at least 1 puppy on my last trip.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    Delmar, you ever make it over to the Wolf Lake bird & animal swap meet up in Ligonier? Usually some decent firearms there. For $4 it isn't too bad, usually a couple random tables with guns and accessories and a dealer with usually 5-6 rifle racks full, muzzle loaders, several tables of handguns. He is pretty decent about offers. The few times I've been there he has had quite a bit of odd ball ammo. I've seen things from an 1873 Trap Door(pretty decent price) to evil black rifles. My brother sent me a picture of an M203 grenade launcher. That place always has a ton of shotguns and a few tables have some good deals on handguns.

I've also seen a 1871 Springfield Rolling Block. Lots of Amish baked goods there too. Both times I've been there they've had some beautiful pit bull puppies, cane corso puppies, and Neapolitan Mastiff puppies. Good thing I rode with my brother or I'd have been bringing ammo, a rifle, and at least 1 puppy on my last trip.

The Newbury Square Swap & Flea Market in Shipshewana back on the 23rd had lots of guns(and animals). Most were shotguns and bolt actions. Some pistols and ammo.

Binky65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Hi there...Im sorry, I missed your post...How about meeting for coffee, at the Diner, during the show.Can we try in March, 2011?

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Hi there...Im sorry, I missed your post...How about meeting for coffee, at the Diner, during the show.Can we try in March, 2011?
    Sounds good! I'll have to remember to start the thread earlier next time, and private message people. INGO is a very busy forum and threads that are not that active get buried in a hurry.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Warsaw had their boys soccer team in the Sate Finals (semifinal match actually) so I ended up with a trip to Indy on my hands Saturday morning w/o warning. Then ended up in FW late pm/evening as one of my daughters could not find a semi-formal dress she liked at Circle Center. The Guns show would have been less expensive....

Top Bottom