• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    A special thanks goes out to sadclownwp for the work he did on some of my firearms. Because they need to match the color of my safe you know.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._safe_to_real_pink_cadillac_johnson_safe.html

Mossberg 500
    mossberg_500_004.jpg

mossberg_500_005.jpg

mossberg_500_006.jpg

Ruger 10/22
    ruger_10-22_2_05.jpg

Ruger Mark III
    ruger_mkiii_05.jpg

Springfield 1911
    springfield_1911_04.jpg

springfield_1911_05.jpg

springfield_1911_06.jpg

:rockwoot:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    That looks horrid. Not Sadclowns work. He's top notch. But your fruity choice of colors. It's gotta be some kind of sin to do that to a gun. For shame. :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That looks horrid. Not Sadclowns work. He's top notch. But your fruity choice of colors. It's gotta be some kind of sin to do that to a gun. For shame. :D

Oh you are just jealous we did not let you use the pink nail polish at the NWI MEET & SHOOT to paint your nails when sadclownp was working on the guns! :laugh:

Guess you like P I N K

Actually it's not my top choice but it was the choice I chose to use for firearm related items in order to know which ones are mine quickly since so many shy away from it.

I was okay with it until I saw the 1911, that's just not right.

:D Oh wait till you see what is next for "Betty" (ie. 1911). I just ordered some grips for her that are going to match her lettering.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Actually it's not my top choice but it was the choice I chose to use for firearm related items in order to know which ones are mine quickly since so many shy away from it.
    From an HD perspective if you become conditioned to only use guns with certain colors, one day that will backfire on you.

If you are a chick, then I get it, but any of the early 70's muscle car colors would have worked fine for your needs.

Seriously.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    From an HD perspective if you become conditioned to only use guns with certain colors, one day that will backfire on you.

If you are a chick, then I get it, but any of the early 70's muscle car colors would have worked fine for your needs.

Seriously.

No you mis-read the statement and/or I'm not explaining myself correctly.
    At the NWI INGO MEET & SHOOTs eveyr month we take up the entire 25 yard range area (4 benches) and there are guns and rifles all over the place. At times we have a bench just full of handguns (slide back, no mag) all on top of each other. Too many black on top of black guns & so it takes a few seconds to figure out is this one mine or is this one yours? Thus with a color (I chose PINK since I know 99% of the males in the group won't choose it) so I can tell which ones are mind real quick.

Also in the case that my guns were to be stolen how many other 1911 PINK letters are you going to find out there? "Officer it had PINK lettering". :D

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So, do you just cover it in polish and then use remover to get it off the rest of the area? Do I need to use a base coat and a clear top coat? :)

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    So, do you just cover it in polish and then use remover to get it off the rest of the area? Do I need to use a base coat and a clear top coat? :)

thats exactly it, and you don't need a white base coat if you are using a creamy looking color. No clear top coat is needed. It would not do any good if you used one. The nail polish remover would just take the top clear coat off anyway.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    thats exactly it, and you don't need a white base coat if you are using a creamy looking color. No clear top coat is needed. It would not do any good if you used one. The nail polish remover would just take the top clear coat off anyway.

With your knowledge of nail polish, it's no wonder you have a full rep with such a low post-count :)

A buddy recently did that to a few of his guns with neon green. I think red may look good and make the XD pop a bit

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    With your knowledge of nail polish, it's no wonder you have a full rep with such a low post-count :)

A buddy recently did that to a few of his guns with neon green. I think red may look good and make the XD pop a bit

Depends on what SHADE of red. The darker reds tend to blend into the black background of the slides. (I tried it on one of mine. Blue also)

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I tried this with a green that had a gold metal flake in it. It was the only thing they had at Dollar General I liked. The metal flake settled and drove the green out. Now my M&P has gold lettering. Looks sweet.

Top Bottom