Anyone else not impressed with SHOT show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I am suprised at the lack of coverage and lack of interesting items coming out of the shot show.

The only thing I want to know is:

FN releasing SBR SCARs

SCAR H mag availability

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    Overall there isn't a ton of innovation this year, but there were a couple of neat ones that I liked.

Mossberg 500 and 590 Flex. Basically the normal gun but you can change out the stocks and forends in a couple of seconds. Pistol grip defense shotty to camo duck gun in 30 seconds!

Silencerco Saker 556. Pretty modular can with multi mounts to fit many QD flash hiders on the market. Have an AAC 51T FH? There's an adapter for that!

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    FNH has no plans to release the SCAR PDW or SBRs commercially.

The show is packed this year, record attendance. The crowd makes it very difficult to get around and see all the stuff up close. Even worse if you want to ask questions and talk.

standslanted

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    XDS .45 compact.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW9p-MRE4pE&feature=g-u-u&context=G2c87a75FUAAAAAAAKAA[/ame]

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    I am suprised at the lack of coverage and lack of interesting items coming out of the shot show.

The only thing I want to know is:

FN releasing SBR SCARs

SCAR H mag availability

if that is the only thing you care about then yeah it would be boring

The new Browning A5
    Thompson Center changeable barrel rifle. a rifle that can shot moa in 223 then 4 mins later shot moa in 243.

factory 300 wispher ar-15 in camo no less.

it just started yesterday give ppl enough time to type. i doubt anyone outside of the industry would be able to process everything they have seen and stop drooling.

i love to see the custom shotguns and the one off rifles.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Kimber's Mountain Ascent: a 4 lb, 13 oz bolt action hunting rifle.

If that weight holds with a 280AI factory chamber, and they haven't turned the stock into an eggshell it could be big.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As others have said...give it a little time. The show is crazy busy. I just finshed my second day touring and there ia a lot going on...just taking time to get out.

Seems there are a lot of little things in the AR world going on and a lot to look at in the AR 308 market. We got to look at a lot of them and handle and compare.

The LMT and Larue seemed to be the most solid builds in the 308 rifles and the most informative of the guys to talk to.

If you have never been, it is imposible to describe how big this show is.

By the way.....Criss Angel's show was amazing.:twocents:

Last edited:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    FNH has no plans to release the SCAR PDW or SBRs commercially.

The show is packed this year, record attendance. The crowd makes it very difficult to get around and see all the stuff up close. Even worse if you want to ask questions and talk.

Ugh.

Woof.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Lack of coverage? The coverage is there, with more coming out daily.

Lack of interesting items? Gotta agree with you there. With a few notable exceptions, it seems like same-old same-old, or slight variations thereof. Gunblast.com usually has good pics up, but most everything he posted from Day 1 was stuff he posted pics of LAST year... yaaaaaawn.

Oh, and wake me when this "zombie" nonsense is over, willya? I'd have thought Leupold and L3 Corp/EOTech would be above it, but I guess not.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    .Oh, and wake me when this "zombie" nonsense is over, willya? I'd have thought Leupold and L3 Corp/EOTech would be above it, but I guess not.

I agree. Its gotta get old to people eventually. Sure, it was kinda fun at first, but I think its at that point where its getting a little old/ridiculous. Zombie ammo/scopes? C'mon.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Products with videos that look interesting.

I have a thing for Sphinx pistols. Don't ask me why.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfOlNfSNO3U&list=UUXxscN2ixnb6uA3v8u_FKmA&index=13&feature=plcp[/ame]

They CLAIM to have the lowest bore over axis ratio. This makes this pistol interesting now.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOhuTSs2iWY&list=UUXxscN2ixnb6uA3v8u_FKmA&index=16&feature=plcp[/ame]

I love the "strong tactical adjusters" Geesh. That being said these products are pretty sweet this year. Also the inablity to adjust intensity on the ACOG is an easy fix. It's called duct tape.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7UsaxXwEg4&list=UUXxscN2ixnb6uA3v8u_FKmA&index=30&feature=plcp[/ame]

M4 H2O looks sweet. It'll be nice to see that stock hit the market again.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4C5ad7OFBE[/ame]

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I'll second the lack of innovation.

XD-s = meh, it was bound to happen eventually.

I like the JP enterprises captured buffer thingy, but again that's hardly earth shattering.

But nothing I've seen so far really blows my hair back.

I hope I'm proven wrong but it seems like a bust for me too.

Top Bottom