Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Plucked from another forum I'm on:
    Starbucks' "Pro-Gun" Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on Valentine's Day 2012 - PR Newswire - sacbee.com

Looks like the anti-'s are planning a boycott of Starbucks starting on St. Valentine's Day, due to their "local stores follow local laws" policies. Might be a good time for us pro-'s to stop in for a cup of Joe.

OC, of course!

I don't really care much for Starbucks.... but I will be taking the family there for a round of hot chocolate on that day... while we all open carry to boot.

Got the date marked on my calendar.

Thanks for the heads up.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    I am not a big Starbucks person either However, I will more than willing to spend a few dollars on Starbucks for a Good cause.. Feb. 14th will be Starbucks Day for me, as well as the lovey dove stuff,lol

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Not a normal customer of Starbucks, but if ever there was a great reason to visit them, this is it. Marked on my calendar!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've got a $25 starbucks card that's burning a hole in my wallet. How about we raffle it off to an INGOer with the proceeds of the raffle going to a 2nd Amendment related charity?

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I am with you guys, in that I don't really frequent Starbucks. But this seems like a decent cause.

Also can someone explain to me what a "Gun Victim" is? They reference "Gun Victim's" multiple times in the article and even the National Gun Victim's Action Council, Just seems silly to lable your self as a victim of the gun.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My kids go there all the time. I will make it a point to not only open carry...but THANK them for being carry tolerant...and let them know that my family will CONTINUE to support them with our business.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    This is the kind of crap they have on their facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/GunVictimsAction

GUNS AND LUNG CANCER: Since the mid-90s, the NRA has "all but choked off" money for research on our epidemic of gun violence. This is the tactic the Tobacco industry used to keep the public from knowing that smoking caused lung cancer. THE GUN INDUSTRY IS THE ONLY INDUSTRY EXEMPT FROM FEDERAL REGULATION (used to be tobacco and guns now just guns). We are going to end this with our new strategy—an economic lever see Gun Victims Action Council (BTW, toy guns are regulated, real guns are not.)

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    We have cards that tell a business that we won't support them for not supporting our rights.

Why not have a card that states we support them for supporting our rights?

Seems this would be a good occasion.

Top Bottom