Lets work together to get a gunsmithing forum.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The mods have stated that if we want one of these we need show the demand for it. I really like the idea, but they are not going to create the forum just for me. So ingo, lets make a statement and make some gunsmithin threads. Doesnt have to be much, or technical or detailed, just title your thread with Gunsmithing: insert title here. or Gunsmithing: insert question here.

Here are my contributions so far. If we want this subforum to happen, we need to do our part and make these threads.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../195093-gunsmithing_machining_a_dovetail.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...95177-gunsmithing_cleaning_up_an_old_gun.html

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    ok, Ill see what I can do. Ive got projects in the works right now that I could try to take some pictures as I go.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I don't have one of my own, but hell every build thread contains some form of question that relates to the build or a part in the process. I'd love to see a gunsmithing sub on here!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I don't have one of my own, but hell every build thread contains some form of question that relates to the build or a part in the process. I'd love to see a gunsmithing sub on here!

If you want to see it, you need to create gunsmithing threads. whether its simple complex or just a question it doesnt matter. it DOES need to start out with "Gunsmithing:" though.

You can expect other people to make enough posts to get this forum to happen, if you want it, HELP BUILD IT!!!!

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    Are you talking about a separate forum where we would have to log in or are you talking about having a separate section such as "Handguns", "Long Guns" etc within the INGO forum? Further, what defines gunsmithing? Is building your own AR or AK considered gunsmithing?

I would be all for adding a separate section to this forum, as I would likely read it from time to time. As you indicate, let's see how much interest there is.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Are you talking about a separate forum where we would have to log in or are you talking about having a separate section such as "Handguns", "Long Guns" etc within the INGO forum? Further, what defines gunsmithing? Is building your own AR or AK considered gunsmithing?

I would be all for adding a separate section to this forum, as I would likely read it from time to time. As you indicate, let's see how much interest there is.

It would be a subforum, just like long guns, handguns, general firearms, class III, ect. ect.

I would consider buiding an AR, or AK, or duracoating something, all gunsmithing activities. while assembling an AR may not be a true "build" to some, it still involves many aspects of gunsmithing.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It would be a subforum, just like long guns, handguns, general firearms, class III, ect. ect.

I would consider buiding an AR, or AK, or duracoating something, all gunsmithing activities. while assembling an AR may not be a true "build" to some, it still involves many aspects of gunsmithing.

I'll start labeling my posts in that format also.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    The mods have stated that if we want one of these we need show the demand for it. I really like the idea, but they are not going to create the forum just for me. So ingo, lets make a statement and make some gunsmithin threads. Doesnt have to be much, or technical or detailed, just title your thread with Gunsmithing: insert title here. or Gunsmithing: insert question here.

Here are my contributions so far. If we want this subforum to happen, we need to do our part and make these threads.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../195093-gunsmithing_machining_a_dovetail.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...95177-gunsmithing_cleaning_up_an_old_gun.html

Who is going to be the moderator if there is a gunsmithing forum? Who will answer the machining questions correctly? Anyone with experience? I can help answer machining questions if need be:rockwoot:

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I'd be up for a Gunsmithing subforum as well. I just turned a new firing pin spring guiderod for an old Mauser pocket pistol today, but I didn't think of taking any pictures along the way. I'm not sure how pictures would have helped much though, as it is basically a stubby blunt nail with a .250" length head on it. haha

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm in!!!

I can help with some machining questions. Gunsmithing too ... just about anything that can be done, I can do, and I can answer questions on...

I think it would be very beneficial to the forum as a whole to has a specific area for gunsmithing. Honestly, I think you might have a problem with all the other forums "going dead" if we had a gunsmithing forum.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    +1

Don't know if it's server related, but I could make suggestions to help.

If it's cost related perhaps make it visible to site supporters only?

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I like this thread! I lurk around on Weaponeer and Weapons Guild but unless someone is local I PROBABLY won't attempt any of my more challenging builds in the works. If we have some people on here willing to shed light on some builds, especially tougher ones we could get some sweet projects going on LOCALLY! I would love to hear about more ak build party's and things like that! Maybe someday! I am not a TON of help but I have tools.... Mostly ak and AR related.

Top Bottom