Guns Go Bang Without Fingers (yes, again)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We are going to run this play until we can't get it wrong.:D

All firearms, all of them, can discharge upon loading or unloading and do NOT need fingers on triggers to go bang. I know some on INGO fight me over this, but if the space shuttle can go up like a bottle rocket your $100 piece of steel/plastic can malfunction too.

Man buys pistol at Indy1500, man goes to range to test fire. Man experience pistol firing on it own accord upon loading.

Remember, every time, every single time you load or unload the gun can go bang regardless of where your finger is.

Turonistan: Indy 1500, Part Two

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Why do people mess around with old crap guns like that?

I will never know the answer to this.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm glad he had the gun pointed in a safe direction. That could have been bad for him and the range managers.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I agree with you Kirk, it's rare but it happens.
    Also I believe that in most of the stories we hear the trigger was actually pulled to make the gun fire.But of course it's always better to say "it went off by istelf" instead of saying "I pulled the trigger like an idiot".Always blame the gun, not the shooter.

And im surprised you dont mention using a sand barrel as a safe direction anytime you load and unload your gun. ;)

In another thread a member said he had a ND (he pulled the trigger and the gun went off, surprise!), but he said something like "good thing I had the gun pointed in a safe direction, the bullet went thru my window".A window is NOT a safe direction.
    If you dont have a really safe direction in your house you need to make one (sand barrel, phone books, kevlar panels etc).

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Because they obviously know a lot more about firearms than you do.

Yeah uh... OR... some people care a little more about where the bullet ends up on the target than what old peice of non-functioning junk shoots it eh?

Nice attempt at a burn there Tam.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nice successful attempt at a burn.

Sure.. because everyone is interested in the same stuff right?

Everybody is a gun collector.

Nobody spends their time shooting, rather than picking up some new old shiney museum piece that goes auto at the range.

Sorry bud, some of us would rather have 1 gun and 20k rounds of ammo than a whole safe full of old broken history peices.

For some of us its about the shooting, not the collecting of junk for our kids to auction off when we die.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    Yeah uh... OR... some people care a little more about where the bullet ends up on the target than what old peice of non-functioning junk shoots it eh?

Nice attempt at a burn there Tam.

Wasn't an attempt at a burn, just a statement of fact.

The Astra 600 is a fine pistol made with better quality materials than the Brazilian, Croatian, or Cocoa Beachian stuff that fills plenty of CCW holsters today. A field strip and careful examination might have revealed the hammer follow (probably caused by some Cletus attempting to use his mad Dremel skillz to improve the trigger pull) but it's nothing that can't be fixed.

They were used during the war by the Luftwaffe and by the postwar W. German police, who would no doubt be shocked to find out that they were "junk".

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Apparently, a gun must be made of plastic to be considered of quality these days.

Hey Grandpa your car is parked on my lawn! :)

220px-1925.ford.model.t.arp.750pix.jpg

Top Bottom