• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    That explains all the unmanned patrol cars at the local banks.

Our hotel was lucky enough to score a major account with GPD, as they have a large group coming in for some week-long training. I almost laughed when my General Manager said "are they going to bring their guns?" I said. . . "uhhh.... I would assume so".

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    The cars are placed as a deterrent. Rather than just park them at the police station they are parked and rotated around the city to keep people wondering if the officer just ran inside.

fire1035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Yes I often assume they just ran inside the bank at County Line and Emerson at 0630...... On a Sunday.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Well as I am a member of the "Greenwood Police Paramilitary unit" I can assure you that we dont have "big heads" any more than you do. I know we are not as busy as the bigger metro departments, but hey if you want to come take my place first through the door please feel free to pick up an application at the human resources office.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well as I am a member of the "Greenwood Police Paramilitary unit" I can assure you that we dont have "big heads" any more than you do. I know we are not as busy as the bigger metro departments, but hey if you want to come take my place first through the door please feel free to pick up an application at the human resources office.

Are you guys hiring?

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    We have one that just go released from FTO, and two in the academy. We are very short handed and they are supposed to start a new process soon. Check the city website every week or so.

fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers
    Hey GPD - don't take some of these guys too seriously. It is pretty easy to be tough while seated on a fat ass in front of a computer, it something entirely different to actually be out there doing the job.

Stay safe and watch your six.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I know, I just sometimes get irritated by people who make comments while not having any knowledge of what they are talking about (and not just gun related things). It really got me boiling reading a lot of the blogs after the two officer shootings we had last year. I compare it to a farming critizing a brain surgeon (no offense to farmers :):

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I know, I just sometimes get irritated by people who make comments while not having any knowledge of what they are talking about (and not just gun related things). It really got me boiling reading a lot of the blogs after the two officer shootings we had last year. I compare it to a farming critizing a brain surgeon (no offense to farmers :):

Yep. We're getting more and more uber-libs in here and I have to wonder if they even own a firearm. :rolleyes:

No matter though, the conservatives still out number the "fruit & nuts" by a large margin!!!! :rockwoot:

I just heard the BS on Fox News this morning about the lawsuit over the recent shooting. Let's see here...... Police chase the drunk and high BG.... BG gets out of car and starts shooting at the police...... Police shoot back, killing the BG..... Yeah..... that's "excessive force"!!!!! :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work, man!!! :patriot: :yesway:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom