• Status
    Not open for further replies.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Wow, they really spent some money, time, and effort on that test. Makes a good case for both brass and steel cased ammo. I was really surprised to see the barrel wear though. Didn't think they'd shoot out that quickly. Very interesting; I need to go through it more thoroughly.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I know it's a torture test, but they say, and I agree, that the barrels got shot out (Wolf and Brown Bear) because they got too hot to handle and still shot them. One wonders what the barrel difference would have been under less than "torture test" temperatures. They attribute the increased bore wear to the harder "bi-metal" jackets, but even with those, without a blazing hot barrel, I bet they would have easily exceeded 10,000 rounds, though they still would have probably worn faster than the Federal.

However, the really interesting thing to me, as this was billed as "steel-cased" vs. "brass case" is the lack of any damage or wear to the chamber or any other part due to the steel case. Armchair experts have been claiming this for a while, but those wo test and use steel just don't seem to see it.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Rep given - thanks for finding this and posting it.

Interestingly, just last evening I was on this very website and prowled around and joined/subscribed to Lucky Gunner.com

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom