• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    These are letters that were posted publicly from CorBon and Hornady regarding recent inventory, shipping, and pricing. Seems they'll catch up at some point, they put some conspiracies to rest, and apparently, gun shops blaming the higher costs from their suppliers is a BIG FAT EFFING LIE!!!

From CORBON:

"More on Ammo Prices: Directly from our friends at CorBon Ammunition - "We had a 5% increase on some of our products. Most of our products stayed the same with no increase."

Keep that in mind when a dealer tell's you he raised his prices 300% because of the manufacturer."

AND...from Hornady:

"Here are some of rumors we’ve heard, and questions we’ve received:

Have you stopped production, or has the government forced you to stop? Not at all. Did you stop selling bullets so you could only make loaded ammunition? Absolutely not. Since we can’t find your product you must be selling it all to the government. Nope, less than 5% of our sales are to government entities. Why can’t you make more? Ramp up production? Turn on all the machines? We’ve been steadily growing our production for a long time, especially the last five years. We’ve added presses, lathes, CNC equipment, people and space. Many popular items are produced 24 hours a day. Several hundred Hornady employees work overtime every week to produce as much as safely possible. If there is any question about that –please take a tour of the factory. You’ll be amazed at what you see. We are producing as much as we can; much more than last year, which was a lot more than the year before, etc. No one wants to ship more during this time than we do.

We appreciate everyone’s understanding and patience. We don’t know when the situation will improve, so please bear with us a little longer. And remember, when it comes to Hornady Manufacturing, if you don’t hear it from us, please don’t believe it."

Quotes taken from the Paul Markel/Student of the Gun FB Page.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I mean, it's pretty obvious that people are just buying it all up as soon as it hits the shelf. There's no conspiracy going on here.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    So, it's either the distributors or the retailers who are jacking up prices to capitalize on the buying panic. Color me shocked there. And, as far as it being out, a big portion of this involves either panic buyers convinced that they need 25,000 rounds of .22 LR because Obummer is taking everything away since they heard that from their friend's cousin's aunt's uncle's best buddies, or thousands of others are scooping up what they can and trying to flip it for outrageous profit.

The average person just happens to be a pawn in all this.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Just about what I figured. I'm not contributing to the "panic shortage". My son & I have not bought any Ammo since November. Did buy 5K primers at Lafayette Gun show for 170 (LR magnums) cause we were down to about 1k of those. Did reload 1 ~2K of ammo, also bought 500 bullets at same show, .223 (new) 62 gr. for $90 - a little high but not too bad. Pulls were running about $100/1K + shipping before the panic.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    I spoke with factory reps from winchester and federal today at the NWTF convention and they both said that they are sending out as much ammo as ever on a daily basis through the distribution channels.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    All that is fine and dandy but I know the shop called several distributors today trying to get ammo and there was almost none to get. The only thing we found was some .40 and had to pay what we were selling it for just 2 months ago. So somebody is marking it up somewhere before we can get it. No 22 was found anywhere. I took a brick of my personal stash in so we could sell some to people who bought 22s.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Just to be fair, they did not mention anything about why no one can find ammo anywhere, now obviously people are buying it up like crazy so that is the explanation, but really all they said was that they are working hard, they are producing more than last year, and thats about it. What i really wanna know is are there really THAT many more people buying everything up? i've been to gander mountain a few times in the past couple weeks and every time i'm there the gun/ammo section is jammed packed and they are taking numbers, people are lining up every thursday when their truck gets in just to get the ammo. Indiana is kinda think on gun shops if you ask me, especially in my area, gander mountain is all thats close. I just hope these kind of sales will send a message to washington, since our phone calls and emails and votes do absolutely nothing, these kind of numbers cant be ignored by the liberals.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I'm one of those people who wants to have 25K rounds of .22lr. But I buy ammo when it's available, not in times like these.

Some of us who buy up bulk ammo suddenly look much smarter in times like this.

c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    I dont understand if people are buying ammo and rifles to resell then how can there be a shortage? Its still being sold its just now there is another middle man in there to make money. The real shortage is from millions of new people entering the market to make their first purchase and stocking up out of real fear of bans. With unemployment at close to 8% this cant last forever, the money will run dry and supply will return.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I'm one of those people who wants to have 25K rounds of .22lr. But I buy ammo when it's available, not in times like these.

Some of us who buy up bulk ammo suddenly look much smarter in times like this.

I dunno bout smarter, but definitely got more money :D... and space.. I live in a 700SF apartment. 25k rounds of 22 would probably take up my whole bedroom.

Dont get me wrong, If I had the money, Id empty them all out and sleep on a 4 foot pile of ammo, but Im one of the functionally poor.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom