• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yeah, they most definitely had plans to move rom everything I've read. It was just a matter of green lighting it. Glad to see a company stand up for what it believes and for its customers. Good luck to Magpul!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wow...Outdoor Channel too...You gotta admire somebody making such a promise and sticking to it. This can't be cheap.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    It's just a shame we can't lure them here. Magpul, made in Indiana. There are plenty of Hoosiers that could use the jobs, and we'd treat the company much better than the Republik of Kolorado did.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I would hope that whatever state they move to gives them some allowances and tax breaks.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The Governors stupidity amazes me! His state will LOSE $85 million! Lose!
    Stupid people should have an open season.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Indiana wasn't listed in the article among states vying for Magpul but we have a lot to offer. Plastics experience from the auto industry, gun and business friendly environment, interstates (Crossroads of America), several airports, close to UPS hub in Louisville and people that remember how to work for a living.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I do not know where they are moving but I am glad to see them stick to the plan. No need to manufacture in a state that outlaws your product. I would love to see others follow in their footstep. Gun makers need to do the same.

tohm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Lowell
    There seems to be a liberal point of view dominating politics. Because people do not want to be educated and make tough decision they want the government to take care of them and this is all part of that agenda.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My guess is they won't move too far, given that they may want to try to retain as many of their employees as possible. Many beieve in and have the same principles as the Magpul execs, but may not be as "mobile" when it comes to relocation.

A move isn't easy, so wouldn't be suprised if they end up just across the border in Wymoing or Nebraska depending on gun laws in those states.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Feel terrible for the employees there but can't say enough about the character of the owners to stand on their principles. Not easy to do when that sort of money and roots are involved.

:+1: Magpul

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I emailed them a few weeks back about Indiana welcoming their business. I think I sent them a link too about the discussion here about how much support they'll get.

Top Bottom