• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    The prospect of Indiana being the firearms manufacturing capital of the country is exciting. We are pretty much centrally located, relatively low tax rate. I would be very excited to see others follow Magpul's lead: Glock, Sturm, Ruger, & Co., Colt... I love this State. Other States are pushing them out and our Legislature is welcoming them in with open arms. Pun unintended. :rockwoot:

fraige1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Crane
    I was wondering if they were going to pass anything like that since we are in the middle of the country and since crane has so much to do with the arms and ammo the military uses I think it would quite enticing to some larger companies. I sure hope it pans out.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Unfortunately we still would have to actually get manufacturers to switch, and several states are going to be interested in courting any manufacturers that do decide to leave. Its a good gesture, and hopefully something will come of it, but I'm kind of pessimistic that anyone will actually move to Indiana.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I agree, the more business the better, especially gun business! I would love to have some great stuff here in state!

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    We've got plenty of room for the businesses here. Just need to do away with a few of the GMO crops around here and get some three phase distributed to the outskirts of town. I'm down!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Lafayette now has two aluminum plants and an injection molding company was here. I'm not sure if the injection molding business is still here or not, but the building is still there, and right next to the interstate.

Lafayette has a lot to offer.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    We've got plenty of room for the businesses here. Just need to do away with a few of the GMO crops around here and get some three phase distributed to the outskirts of town. I'm down!
    If the build a factory on a field that used to grow GMO's, would Monsanto own the rights to the rifles? :dunno:(I hate gmo's far more dangerous than any rifle:twocents:)

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    “We’ve talked to some states, visited some, and we’ve got a lot more to get to. Some of the initial round of states that we’re looking at are Wyoming, Nebraska, Texas, Utah, Montana, Idaho and Arizona but there are others in consideration.” Several more conservative states are hoping to lure the manufacturer to more friendly pastures.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    You wouldn't think this is the case if you watch the morning news.....everyday they have some nonsense update on gun-control, and they never fail to mention "after the Newtown massacre where 20 school children were killed....yada yada":n00b:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It would make a lot of sense to have them relocate to southern Indiana. We already have a large shipping hub in place with access to rail, barge or air. There is plenty of building space available in a couple of industrial complexes. There is a large potential workforce in place.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It would make a lot of sense to have them relocate to southern Indiana. We already have a large shipping hub in place with access to rail, barge or air. There is plenty of building space available in a couple of industrial complexes. There is a large potential workforce in place.

There is plenty of open space in southern Indiana ready for some good quality manufacturing jobs. I'd love nothing more than to buy a firearm built right here in Indiana!

MetalMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Howard County
    I think the Lafayette, Kokomo, and Marion areas would make a get place for several of these companies to call "Home". There's plenty of manufacturing knowledge, lots of plastic injection molding expertise, many good tool and die makers and even some good metallurgists in the area. And we have empty floor space ready to move into! No waiting for a new building. On a side note, my brother worked for a company that made springs for S&W in Logansport at one time so there is already a connection to the firearms industry in Indiana.

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    Im sure some will come to Indiana,given it's reputation as bussiness friendly they also look at the level of skilled workers .

Top Bottom