NRA Convention, how many accidental shots fired?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Because you know gun haters logic would say that there would have been multiply shootings, people arrested. Yet, I could not find a single article about a shooting at the actual convention (the only thing I found was the death by cop guy at the airport). Oh, maybe it is because responsible gun owners respect others enough not to threaten violence or anything.

Also interesting that 90% of America supports stricter gun laws, but anti gun protests barely get hundreds. Apparently the "stop the NRA" protest got about 40 people.

The NRA Meeting Protest | Shall Not Be Questioned

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Well at the 4 NRA conventions I have attended, you were not allowed to carry in the convention at all and most of the firearms were disabled in some way, like firing pin removed or filed down, springs missing so they could not shoot even if they wanted to. Most of the firearms were setup for that years SHOT show, so they only have to come up with one display for both shows.
    So that would explain why there are no "accidentals" at the show.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Well at the 4 NRA conventions I have attended, you were not allowed to carry in the convention at all and most of the firearms were disabled in some way, like firing pin removed or filed down, springs missing so they could not shoot even if they wanted to. Most of the firearms were setup for that years SHOT show, so they only have to come up with one display for both shows.

Remember this is in Texas.

Texas generally prohibits the open carrying of firearms. During the NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, conceal carry firearms are permitted in the George R. Brown Convention Center and the Hilton Americas-Houston Hotel. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local laws.

Dirtdart504

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    Did you go to the one in Louisville a few years ago? I carried there with no problem. I don't remember anything telling me not to.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Carried at Louisville and Pittsburgh, no problems.

I did see a Jasper whip his carry piece out to stick in a display holster.:rolleyes: Fortunately he did not do this infront of the MSNBC camera.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I didn't know it was in Indy next year. Never been to one of their conventions. Perhaps I can carry and coonfinger my pistole for the crowd...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I didn't know it was in Indy next year. Never been to one of their conventions. Perhaps I can carry and coonfinger my pistole for the crowd...

Twirl it on your finger Sir. There is nothing Kirk loves more than fancy pistol twirling.....:):

For you Kirk...The greatest coonfingering gun scene ever filmed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhJLaVagwqw

Even Doc Holliday knows coonfingering is not now nor was it ever kewl....

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Twirl it on your finger Sir. There is nothing Kirk loves more than fancy pistol twirling.....:):

For you Kirk...The greatest coonfingering gun scene ever filmed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhJLaVagwqw

Even Doc Holliday knows coonfingering is not now nor was it ever kewl....

I do love me some fancy pistol twirling. I used to practice it all the time with by imitation ivory handled cap pistols back in the day. I have NOT tried it with my Blackhawks.... yet. Kirk, see you in Indy next year :draw:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom