Help Needed: Its for the children, really!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hey gang,

I serve on the board of directors at Camp Potawotami, a local old school Y summer camp. A few years ago I restarted the riflery program at camp, with some of your help. Thanks. That program has allowed hundreds of boys and girls the opportunity to shoot a gun, who may never, ever have that chance otherwise.

This summer, the program is low on .22 shorts. They use shorts or CB caps so they don't have to use ear pro (eye pro still std).

As we all know, ammo of any kind is scarce, and they are just now finding this out. They cannot just drive into town and buy a few bricks.

I have 21st Century Firearms looking, but does anyone have a box or two you would like to donate to the riflery program?

Hit me up here, or via PM.

And many thanks.

Russ

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I was at the new ZX guns in Fort Wayne last Saturday and they had a couple boxes of shorts. My father was at Camp Potawatomi as a kid and he served as a chaperone when my school went probably 7-8 years ago. Fun place!

Jon

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Wetsu, I'll take a look around the fishers and Bloomington area for shorts... If I find any I'll grab them... don't know how I'll get them to you, but I'll get them there! :)

We have to keep teaching the younger generations.

:patriot:

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I was at the new ZX guns in Fort Wayne last Saturday and they had a couple boxes of shorts. My father was at Camp Potawatomi as a kid and he served as a chaperone when my school went probably 7-8 years ago. Fun place!

Jon

There are still a couple 100 round boxes there.

rollingblock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Morristown, IN
    Wetsu,
    I have two bucks I can donate, and will be in New Haven later today. We could meet up and I'd be glad to give them to you.

Sorry, that's two bricks.

Last edited:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Guys. Sorry I have been MIA. I was out of town and unplugged. Many thanks for you offers of donations of any size and your sharp eyes spotting shorts. I will find out if my nearby Rural king has any. If not I may ask some of you to grab some and I will pay you for them. Rollingblock, thank you brother. I will hook up with you via PM and that arranged.

Once again, you guys prove that the shooting community is one that gives, and cares.

Top Bottom