• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protongun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    this is a story from the local paper in Bloomington....

• By Michael Malik | Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 3:48 pm | 1 Comment »
    Indiana has more than 326,000 active handgun permit holders, 4,900 of which are in Monroe County, according to the state.
    The Indiana State Police gun permit database has great little nuggets of information that could turn into stories. However, I don’t have an endless amount of time.
    As a result, I’m writing a short series of stories about handguns that will begin to run Nov. 22. However, I need your help.
    Since these stories deal with handguns, I’m looking to talk to handgun owners. If you’re a handgun owner — regardless of whether you have a permit — and are willing to answer a few questions for my story, please call me at (812) 331-4370 or e-mail me at mmalik@heraldt.com

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    this is a story from the local paper in Bloomington....

• By Michael Malik | Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 3:48 pm | 1 Comment »
    Indiana has more than 326,000 active handgun permit holders, 4,900 of which are in Monroe County, according to the state.
    The Indiana State Police gun permit database has great little nuggets of information that could turn into stories. However, I don’t have an endless amount of time.
    As a result, I’m writing a short series of stories about handguns that will begin to run Nov. 22. However, I need your help.
    Since these stories deal with handguns, I’m looking to talk to handgun owners. If you’re a handgun owner — regardless of whether you have a permit — and are willing to answer a few questions for my story, please call me at (812) 331-4370 or e-mail me at mmalik@heraldt.com

WTH is that about?????? :dunno: Anyone know what Michael Malik's writings are like?

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    you have the right to be misquoted and made to look like a paranoid fanatic, action junkie!!
    dont trust reporters!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    you have the right to be misquoted and made to look like a paranoid fanatic, action junkie!! dont trust reporters!

This.

Be sure to look up any other writings/postings by this reporter to see if he comes in with an agenda. Presenting your case well doesn't mean that the reporter will give you a fair shake. You are 100% at their mercy.

Michael Malik works for the Herald Times newspaper in Bloomington.
    Twitter page.

Malik: The state gun permit DB has arrived. It's got 326,988 entries. It's gonna some time to clean up. Look for the story in about a week.

I guess the database is for sale??? If anyone talks to him, please ask about that.

Last edited:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Malik????

Nevermind..I thoug he might be related to Michelle Malkin. Had the names crossed on my head......

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    With the exception of 4 people who work at FOX news (they earned my respect in the Desert of '03) I would not pee on one if they were on fire...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I vaguely recall an ISP trooper telling me that that database was not available like this. I don't, unfortunately, have a copy of any letter to that effect, however I've dropped a note to ISP to ask them. This information should be private!

Blessings,
    Bill

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I vaguely recall an ISP trooper telling me that that database was not available like this. I don't, unfortunately, have a copy of any letter to that effect, however I've dropped a note to ISP to ask them. This information should be private!

Blessings,
    Bill

To my knowledge the database only has numbers of permits per street. It is available on the HT web site. It does NOT have personal, direct, info.

Think about it, if it had direct info, he would not need to beg for people to call him!

Top Bottom