Good price for a Ruger LCP at the Indy 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I want to buy a Ruger LCP at the Indy 1500 this Friday and of course I don't want to get taken. What is a descent price to pay for an LCP? In January I bought a Glock 26 (LOVE IT!) with night sights installed and many said I paid too much. I just need to know what I should reasonably pay. Thanks.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Call around the local gunshops and see what they would charge you. I like Wanamaker Guns, but they've got odd hours for the next week or so. Also they'd likely have to order it, but they can. Got my P345 from them. Got a pretty decent price on my 22/45 from a store that rhymes with Radis, but I wont' shop there anymore. Just see what you can get locally, if you find it better at the 1500 pick it up. Just make sure to get the "Out the door price" from the shops.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    If you truly want to buy at the 1500 I would suggest heading for one of two tables for the LCP. Plainfield Shooting Supplies or Midwest Gun Exchange as they have historically had the best prices. Of the two I prefer PSS because of the service I have received and they are local but I have purchased from both. You "may" find a slightly better price looking around at the small vendors but I doubt it on this item. $280.00 is a pretty good price and I would not pay more than $300.00 just to buy it at the show. They can be found for less.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    If I were you I'd start calling the gun shops. At the 1500 you are in the hole for $10 just to get in and park. If you are looking for something that is no longer in production the 1500 is good, but other wise support your local shops and save the 10 bucks.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dont sleep on ZX guns out of Goshen thats where I got mine last 1500 for 315.00 out the door. I did see one for 275.00 before tax but it was gone before I made a lap around the show. ZX guns had the best prices I saw at the show on handguns though.

markz68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Connersville, IN
    Thanks for the good advice. I will call around. There are no gun stores in Richmond, though. I may have to drive to Connersville (Conner-Tucky).

Here are the prices in Connersville:

Wulff's sells the LCP for $299.95 with half a box of ammo.

Abernathy's quoted me $290.

Away from Connersville:

Bradis in Camby was $299.95

Plainfield Shooting Supply was $289

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I want to buy a Ruger LCP at the Indy 1500 this Friday and of course I don't want to get taken. What is a descent price to pay for an LCP? In January I bought a Glock 26 (LOVE IT!) with night sights installed and many said I paid too much. I just need to know what I should reasonably pay. Thanks.
    There is an FFL in Fishers, has a new-in-box for $279 right now.
    www dot richards-guns dot com

Real nice guy, he stocks pocket holsters and ammo for it too.

bcsd372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Columbus
    The Gander Mountain insert in our local paper today lists LCP's for $299.95. That's $321 with tax. No parking fee and free "admission".

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    One thought..try doing business with a local shop. I've been a gun junkie since I was a kid, worked in a local gun shop. I do attend gun shows and yes occasionally find a bargain or something I can' find somewhere else. But my observation is that most gun shows don't have the bargain prices, especially if you add in gate and parking fees $10 and $3 for the 1500. Not all shops are the same and this forum is a great resource to find feedback on them. Not saying don't buy at gun shows just don't forget your local shops, they'll be there if you have a problem and most stand behind thing ...within reason>
    Duce<><

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom