• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I saw this and thought it was pretty interesting.

This article is loaded with links if you want to see examples of how these items are being used.

Last edited by a moderator:

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Now the terminators will start to appear! It's all happening as the movie said! ahh!!!! I'm still of the flavor that if you don't do anything illegal, than you shouldn't have anything to worry about.. Now of course that logic stops where your private data say from online shopping, could be used by someone to steal your identity/money. etc. etc...However, if Ol' Uncle Sam feels I am that important to spy on me, more power to him. Their in for some boring life scenes. Just hopefully they cross the line so I can sue and buy my own private island somewhere!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Nothing new...

We had people years ago warn us, and they were shouted down "Conspiracy theorist"... Alarmist...

Personally, I find this offensive and invasive

I know the UK is straight nightmerish, if you value freedom and privacy.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Now the terminators will start to appear! It's all happening as the movie said! ahh!!!! I'm still of the flavor that if you don't do anything illegal, than you shouldn't have anything to worry about..

thats not the point. its against my rights. just like i have nothing illegal on me or in my car, but i wont consent to a search by police.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Those fragrance sprayers in bathrooms always freak me out. They have face recognition and apparently I am on a list somewhere. Every time I walk into a restroom I hear the automated "sspsssssttt" just as I enter the room. Some say it is a timer or motion activated but I know better.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I knew the IPhone was evil. Glad i haven't drank that kool aid

I have an HTC 6800 that I sumtimes carry. However... it's not hooked up to the network and is still registered with the previous owners number and information. But... they can't track me with it unless I hook up to a wifi network and surf the net. :)

I do have a prepaid cell that I rarely ever carry, but its so cheap it doesn't even have built in GPS. ;)

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Great..........now SOME of our secrets are out there for everyone to know.

Guess it's back to the drawing board

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Now the terminators will start to appear! It's all happening as the movie said! ahh!!!! I'm still of the flavor that if you don't do anything illegal, than you shouldn't have anything to worry about.. Now of course that logic stops where your private data say from online shopping, could be used by someone to steal your identity/money. etc. etc...However, if Ol' Uncle Sam feels I am that important to spy on me, more power to him. Their in for some boring life scenes. Just hopefully they cross the line so I can sue and buy my own private island somewhere!

Same here.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    4808459022_6e9d9e6fce_b.jpg

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I just do not want my medical history in a central federal data base no matter what the lying bureaucrats say. It will be used to ration medical treatment. It will be used to set limits on just how much help you will receive at a certain age and condition. When you have a limited resource like a finite amount of medical service, your information will be analyzed to see whether or not it will be prudent to have some of it used on you. As the number of users of certain services grows, the amount available will be either be the same or decreased and there will be less to go around. Guess who will be on the short end of the stick when it comes time to dole some of it out. The old white guy will be very likely be the first to be refused service and sent home with a bottle of pain pills. As the demand for a limited service increases, the death panels will have to use everyone's personal medical information to lower the age or determine the importance of those to be provided with that service.

I agree with the guy who said that he did not care if he was being watched since he had nothing to hide. However, I just do not want my personal information to be used against me to deny me getting something that I have paid for for my entire working life so that someone who has contributed nothing to the system gets put in line ahead of me. DO NOT TRUST THE BAMMER!!!!!! Just my two cents.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

The only difference between you and a criminal is the law, and those are changed daily.

Also, how many times have you broke a law, and haven't been caught?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    A lot of people put up with BS laws, because they aren't or are sparingly enforced.

What would happen if we went to 100% automated enforcement? I bet a lot of people would change their tune.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    A lot of people put up with BS laws, because they aren't or are sparingly enforced.

What would happen if we went to 100% automated enforcement? I bet a lot of people would change their tune.

Gotta be honest though. Outside of traffic code back in the day when I drove, ya...no laws broken here hoss. Just not in the cards for me.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Oh I bet we can find one.

However you've already admitted to breaking traffic laws, so the point still stands.

Did you ever drink alcohol before you were 21?

Top Bottom