• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Unlike Sea, author of my new sig quote, I think both marijuana and raw milk should be available to those who want them.

Don't understand the attraction of either myself though.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    California has to get their cut of the processing and sales. They or the feds don't tolerate anyone not giving the gubmint their share.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    However did we survive for thousands of years without the government telling us what we can eat?

:+1:

I'm going to go get lunch. Hopefully it is something on the approved list.
    I'll drive the speed limit and wear my seat belt.
    They government has our best interests at heart after all.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Setting aside the absurdity of outlawing milk that hasn't been tampered with...

A bunch of hippy vegans (or Amish people) is hardly a "guns drawn" type of raid situation.

Seriously, how pathetic are todays cops that they have to go guns drawn on something like this? Watch out! They've got yogurt and arugula!

This crap boggles the mind on many levels.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

A bunch of hippy vegans (or Amish people) is hardly a "guns drawn" type of raid situation.

Seriously, how pathetic are todays cops that they have to go guns drawn on something like this? Watch out! They've got yogurt and arugula!

Countries put up fences for one of two reasons.
    1. To keep people out.
    2. To keep people in.

We're fast approaching reason number 2.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009

its officer safety remember. dont let them fool you those people with raw milk are probably as dangerous as dillinger ever was. i feel much better knowing those brave men in blue put and end to this savage behaviour. one day its raw milk the next day its running with scissors.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This should frighten anyone who cares about freedom.

Do we agree that pointing even a loaded gun in the direction of people is dangerous? I hope so. If we do, then we must agree that pointing a loaded gun in the direction of people is dangerous.

Putting aside the legality of raw milk, even if I were to concede that it's within the realm of fair regulation to outlaw it, shouldn't that type of enforcement come from an unarmed inspector armed with nothing more dangerous than a pocket protector and a clipboard?

These guys come in armed and pointing, for what should amount to a code violation. They would say it is for their safety, but what about the safety of the folks inside?

This is outrageous, and people should be fired and never allowed to work in positions of power again.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I love yogurt, but never even though of Organic Yogurt.....Will have to try and track some down - I hope I can find strawberry, but even plain is good. Thank you Cali, I will now be searching out non-toxic yogurt. Anything the Guberment is against, is probably good for you.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I love yogurt, but never even though of Organic Yogurt.....Will have to try and track some down - I hope I can find strawberry, but even plain is good. Thank you Cali, I will now be searching out non-toxic yogurt. Anything the Guberment is against, is probably good for you.

Just don't buy in bulk - wouldn't want a no-knock warrant SWAT raid on your house because you have enough to be declared a dealer.

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Indiana has the same rules about raw milk. A government regulator once threatened to shut down my business because I did not own a $1500 government approved scale to sale coffee beans. When I made him leave He brought the sheriff with him the next day. While his gun was not drawn he walked in with his sidearm retainer off and his hand on the gun. Bit of overkill. The regulators are out of control everywhere.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    When my wife and I did two weeks of entirely local eating, we had to buy our milk, butter, yogurt, and cottage cheese as "pet food". Tasted the same as dead milk from the super market. Except I knew that it came from grass-fed cows that weren't subsidized by taxpayers. Also, we didn't get sick or die.

Gotta love the government.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    We drink unpasturized milk and love it. It has no odor like store-bought milk and tastes great! My daughter has stopped drinking most soft drinks and is drinking the milk instead. It comes from grass fed cows and still has all it's beneficial vitamins and enzymes. We're still alive and kicking! :yesway:

I'll keep my eye out for the Johnson County sheriff busting down the doors of the dairy some day! :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    When my wife and I did two weeks of entirely local eating, we had to buy our milk, butter, yogurt, and cottage cheese as "pet food". .

:dunno::dunno:why?:dunno::dunno:

---
    FYI NWI INGO members
    The next MEET & EAT is on 28 AUG 10
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/103588-nwi_ingo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-
    _sat_28_aug_10_a.html

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 OR 19 SEP 10 (go vote!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/103590-
    nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/103765-
    appleseed_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Again printcraft why does he had to put this label?
    What makes his milk (as an example) that is NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION different then what is at the store apart from the store one being "processed"? Or is that what the difference is?

As a kid when I would go to Mexico to visit my granma on the farm I recall that my cousins would milk the cows and bring a bucket of milk back and we would have milk and bread (homemade) for breakfast when my grandma was not watching BEFORE the real breakfast.

So I know that drinking milk "straight" from the cow won't kill me or anyone else so why the need for the label? Is it due to all the gov regs?

:confused:

Top Bottom