• Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    DARE

Drugs Are Revenue Enhancement

Caught on tape: Cops talk about stealing man’s property over bag of weed | The Raw Story

.. and they wonder why they don't get respect .

Oh and to beat everybody to the punch here ... no not all persons in a club , union , or church are responsible or accountable for the actions of another member . But the fact remains that you are , by free will , associating and linked to them and their actions do reflect upon you and the perception that the public perceives about you and the organization you are in .

Thanks
    Duncan

The law perverted! And the police powers of the state perverted along with it! The law, I say, not only turned from its proper purpose but made to follow an entirely contrary purpose! The law become the weapon of every kind of greed! Instead of checking crime, the law itself guilty of the evils it is supposed to punish!

If this is true, it is a serious fact, and moral duty requires me to call the attention of my fellow-citizens to it.

Frederick Bastiat

6a00e553d90c4288340120a74aa815970b-800wi

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    ABSOLUTELY FREAKING DISGUSTING. All over some guy smoking a joint. What a joke. This is why we need to legalize drugs. Drugs are bad, people shouldn't do them, but paying taxes for a bunch of thugs to run around and steal people's property under the guise that they are "protecting society" is just plain wrong and a waste of tax payer dollars. Overall, our society can't make the connection to our country's experience with prohibition. What's even more scary is to ask yourself how many people have been set up. Do you realize if all the cops in the raid conspire they could just simply plant a bag of weed and do what they want. I'd hate to think how many people have had that happen to them.

And I can talk too... my 5th Grade DARE officer in South Bend was arrested and convicted for dealing Cocaine. No joke. I got an early lesson in this stuff. Also, my cousin who worked over in a county jail in Ohio told me once that sometimes the guys and him might rough up on an inmate and then they would all site around and come up with their story of "what happened". He said they called it 'Creative writing sessions". This stuff is real guys. Its not pretty and its very depressing and hard to accept that it goes on. But it does. This is why it is important we maintain our rights, otherwise the system will abuse and walk all over the people.

Last edited:

Rockhound

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    How is confiscation of property constitutional?

Hint: It's not. The RICO law is a travesty and should be struck down.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    DARE

Caught on tape: Cops talk about stealing man’s property over bag of weed | The Raw Story

.. and they wonder why they don't get respect .

Oh and to beat everybody to the punch here ... no not all persons in a club , union , or church are responsible or accountable for the actions of another member . But the fact remains that you are , by free will , associating and linked to them and their actions do reflect upon you and the perception that the public perceives about you and the organization you are in .

Thanks
    Duncan

The law perverted! And the police powers of the state perverted along with it! The law, I say, not only turned from its proper purpose but made to follow an entirely contrary purpose! The law become the weapon of every kind of greed! Instead of checking crime, the law itself guilty of the evils it is supposed to punish!

If this is true, it is a serious fact, and moral duty requires me to call the attention of my fellow-citizens to it.

Frederick Bastiat

6a00e553d90c4288340120a74aa815970b-800wi
    :tinfoil:

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    ABSOLUTELY FREAKING DISGUSTING. All over some guy smoking a joint. What a joke. This is why we need to legalize drugs. Drugs are bad, people shouldn't do them, but paying taxes for a bunch of thugs to run around and steal people's property under the guise that they are "protecting society" is just plain wrong and a waste of tax payer dollars. Overall, our society can't make the connection to our country's experience with prohibition. What's even more scary is to ask yourself how many people have been set up. Do you realize if all the cops in the raid conspire they could just simply plant a bag of weed and do what they want. I'd hate to think how many people have had that happen to them.

And I can talk too... my 5th Grade DARE officer in South Bend was arrested and convicted for dealing Cocaine. No joke. I got an early lesson in this stuff. Also, my cousin who worked over in a county jail in Ohio told me once that sometimes the guys and him might rough up on an inmate and then they would all site around and come up with their story of "what happened". He said they called it 'Creative writing sessions". This stuff is real guys. Its not pretty and its very depressing and hard to accept that it goes on. But it does. This is why it is important we maintain our rights, otherwise the system will abuse and walk all over the people.

That is so COOL !
    Well who is smart and who is dumb .
    I am guessing that he understood that the " War on Drugs " is a lost cause .
    So why not make some jack ... no I am not saying that it is proper in the position that he took as a government employee . I 'm just guessing .

DARE

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYS732zyYfU]YouTube - Eric Clapton - Cocaine[/ame]

Thanks
    Duncan

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Anonymous tips are enough to get your home raided and your cool property stolen. Why did they take the TV and not the pots and pans in the kitchen?

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008

This is not the first time I have seen you post this, so I will address it as I see fit.

I have been involved in law enforcement for approximately 4 years, I have never seen an APC on a scene. I have never witnessed another officer take anything that they did not have a legal right to take, and I have never heard of my department calling in a SWAT team ever.

If you disagree with the forfeiture laws please direct that ire against the appropriate persons, ie legislators. I would appreciate it if you would quit generalizing and trying to make the average beat cop now look like a mall ninja who wants to steal your money. Thanks.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    After reading much of this forum, I'm inclined to agree with that statement for the most part.

Yeah, just like the people who buy nice cars and drive them out in the open. Or like people who buy the coolest new cell phone and carry that out in the open too. Or like people who shoot a nice big buck and then mount it on their wall. Or like people who put flashy lights and loud sirens on their work vehicle, all just for some attention.

A while back, I saw some attention whore putting up signs to sell pumpkins too, just to try to get everyone's attention.

Who isn't an attention whore? Dog owners sure are too.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    This is not the first time I have seen you post this, so I will address it as I see fit.

I have been involved in law enforcement for approximately 4 years, I have never seen an APC on a scene. I have never witnessed another officer take anything that they did not have a legal right to take, and I have never heard of my department calling in a SWAT team ever.

If you disagree with the forfeiture laws please direct that ire against the appropriate persons, ie legislators. I would appreciate it if you would quit generalizing and trying to make the average beat cop now look like a mall ninja who wants to steal your money. Thanks.

I am very happy to be informed that your department does not make the types of mistakes these officers did. Pointing out that the bad apples do not represent every LEO as a whole is important.

Although the forfeiture laws can be disagreed with on a legislative basis, in this case the forfeiture laws may not have even been followed - and this man came forward after a previous investigation about the officer in question was aired on the news.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Yeah, just like the people who buy nice cars and drive them out in the open. Or like people who buy the coolest new cell phone and carry that out in the open too. Or like people who shoot a nice big buck and then mount it on their wall. Or like people who put flashy lights and loud sirens on their work vehicle, all just for some attention.

A while back, I saw some attention whore putting up signs to sell pumpkins too, just to try to get everyone's attention.

Who isn't an attention whore? Dog owners sure are too.

You're analogy of nice cars, coolest new cell phones, and big bucks is flawed in the fact anyone who OC is an "attention whore" including the guys with Hi-points, not just the guys with Kimbers. :D

Just so everyone knows I am not opposed to OC, in fact, I primarily carry that way.:cool:

P.S. Thanks in advance for the Rep.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    You're analogy of nice cars, coolest new cell phones, and big bucks is flawed in the fact anyone who OC is an "attention whore" including the guys with Hi-points, not just the guys with Kimbers. :D

Just so everyone knows I am not opposed to OC, in fact, I primarily carry that way.:cool:

P.S. Thanks in advance for the Rep.

That's true. For every OC Kimber I've seen in a nice Galco holster, I've seen at least 3 or 4 Hi-Points in a nylon holster, flopping around.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Would your response have been different if a LEO posted it? You do assume it's from a non-LEO, don't you?

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Would your response have been different if a LEO posted it? You do assume it's from a non-LEO, don't you?

My response was directed at the statements made, not at the poster. In fact I would like to publicly say thank u to Liberty for his service.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My response was directed at the statements made, not at the poster. In fact I would like to publicly say thank u to Liberty for his service.

What exactly do you find wrong with the idea that SWAT is over-used, unjustifiably in many cases, and needlessly puts LE, suspects, and innocents at risk?

With all due respect, your personal experience doesn't mean diddly. I've been in real estate for nearly 10 years and have never sold a million dollar home. Neither has anyone in my office for that matter. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    While 5 minutes to the east in East Lansing, the same amount of weed is about a $25.00 ticket. And in Ann Arbor, they've had a 'Hash Bash' for many years now. it probably started before I was born.

Medical grass is legal in MI. You have to have a doctor's note saying that you have insomnia or something worse. So it is viewed differently than in other places. The taboo is being lifted from this reefer madness.

So here, in Indiana, the grass politic is different. We still get in trouble for certain amounts. And we probably will never be allowed to grow it legally. But I doubt that departments will be so openly encouraged to go after peoples' luxury goods like they do up there.

I'm not blaming the cops as much as the folks that are shorting the funding of the cops. There's no way to prove it and you'll never hear about it, but the Lansing public safety guy (or whatever the equivalent) wants people's property on the auction block. They NEED that money. And they're willing to rob the citizens of Lansing to get it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom