• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If White gets tossed Republicans won't have the required SoS vote to grant automatic ballot status. That means Lugar could be challenged outside of a primary at convention.

Charlie White Could Damage GOP More Than You Think | WISH Blogs

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110311/NEWS/110311018/Secretary-State-lashes-out-coverage-en-route-hearing?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

And just to head off the usual crowd, the LPIN says NO. System reform is the answer.

Should the Indiana Republican Party Lose Ballot Access? | Libertarian Party of Indiana

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    While one part of me would dearly love to see the gop brought down by White's stupity, the other part of me see's Spangle's take and agrees with it. The system is rigged in favour of the gop and dems and needs serious change to insure fairness at the polls and in the electoral process. If it does end up shaking out this way, (doubtful) I'm not going to lose any sleep after my victory dance. :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    <<yawn>>

Don't worry the political machines of the Rs and Ds have this covered already. In the end they will put whomever they want and the
    smiley-talk034.gif
    with the voice/vote of the people!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    While one part of me would dearly love to see the gop brought down by White's stupity, the other part of me see's Spangle's take and agrees with it. The system is rigged in favour of the gop and dems and needs serious change to insure fairness at the polls and in the electoral process. If it does end up shaking out this way, (doubtful) I'm not going to lose any sleep after my victory dance. :)

I'm not really convinced that losing major party status and automatic ballot access for the next four years is really enough to bring down the GOP. In the first place, I doubt there'd be any difficulty getting on the ballot through the petition process. And assuming they are on the ballot for the 2012 SoS race (and there's no reason to think they wouldn't be), I think they'd easily garner the votes necessary to reinstate their status as one of the major parties.

Assuming against all evidence to the contrary that the GOP becomes a non-entity in the near future, [STRIKE]all[/STRIKE] most of those GOP voters are going to vote for the LP party rather than the dems. Which might sound great at first. But all those GOP candidates who are no better than dems will start making in-roads in the LP as well because the LP will no longer be able to control their candidate choice by convention. And I for one will have to chuckle at the irony.

On a side note: if this makes it easier to get rid of Lugar, let's do it. I might just hail Charlie White a hero.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Indiana R's _______??? Republican's what?

Aren't you missing a word, level?:dunno:

If this is in reference to the nutbar line, you are correct. I just realized I mistook this guy with the the deputy attorney general who was in the news last week. I didn't realize that until I tried to decipher your post. Not mistaking their different rolls, rather getting my news overload mixed up.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Take it a's a contraction, Kirk. While thi's doesn't help in the text of the OP, it work's for the thread title.

It i's just thi's sort of errant pedantry up with which we shall not put. ;)

Blessing's,
    Bill

Top Bottom