• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Ya know, if my criteria for the best president was uber hot middle-aged mom, there would be no question. But since it's not, then meh, no...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have to agree, but there's a difference between not wanting a candidate because one doesn't share his platform and not wanting a particular because one knows said candidate is a bigger liability than asset regardless of the platform.

I have a feeling those opposed to Palin are probably members of both groups.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I have to agree, but there's a difference between not wanting a candidate because one doesn't share his platform and not wanting a particular because one knows said candidate is a bigger liability than asset regardless of the platform.

I have a feeling those opposed to Palin are probably members of both groups.

Honestly, her platform sounds like a modification of Obama's platform. Obama's platform = not Bush
    Palin's platform (as well as most of the GOP nominees) = not Obama

That doesn't really persuade me, or anyone with a bit of sense.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    To be honest I would rather cast my vote for a drunken wine-o sleeping under a bridge than vote for any of the yahoos running for any political seat. They are all so far out of touch with reality that it presents a huge gap in the people they are supposed to represent.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    To be honest I would rather cast my vote for a drunken wine-o sleeping under a bridge than vote for any of the yahoos running for any political seat. They are all so far out of touch with reality that it presents a huge gap in the people they are supposed to represent.

^THIS!

All the candidates on BOTH sides are not looking out of America but their self-interest and all have been in the system too long. None of them will be willing to really do what the country needs to do to get us out of debt. Nor do any of them have the power to steer congress to do that (ie. get us out of debt). So in the end the choice will be the same. Ds or Rs they are the same underneath.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No candidate is perfect. Assuming Palin decides to run, I can say that I can vote for vote for any one of current republican candidates (including the "crazy uncle" :-) in order to fire Obama.

My only problem with Palin running is that that office tends to age people rapidly...if you get my drift.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Honestly, her platform sounds like a modification of Obama's platform. Obama's platform = not Bush
    Palin's platform (as well as most of the GOP nominees) = not Obama

That doesn't really persuade me, or anyone with a bit of sense.

My point has relevance beyond Palin's specific platform. It was a reference to reading too much into poll numbers and creating relationships that may or may not exist.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Anyone who was a running mate of John McCain is worthless.

I don't agree. Listening to Palin's speeches - and the hysterical vitriol spouted against her - was the only reason I didn't back into the voting booth to vote for that ticket. John McCain was worthless, and probably wouldn't have gotten the nomination if Democrats hadn't been allowed to vote in Republican Primaries in some of the early Primaries. That Mrs. Palin is still around and considered by some to be a viable candidate is an indication that not everyone goes along with the conventional wisdom as distilled and disbursed by members of this forum. Of course, I feel the same way about Ron Paul that you folks feel about Palin, so I've got no kick with the rest of you believing what you want.

Top Bottom