• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I heard on the radio, news that those being arrested were ONLY charged with misdeamors..... I thought "taking a hostage" was Criminal Confinement... a felony ????? LEO, please inform .....

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I heard on the radio, news that those being arrested were ONLY charged with misdeamors..... I thought "taking a hostage" was Criminal Confinement... a felony ????? LEO, please inform .....

FOP is probably showing solidarity.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here in Indiana Criminal Confinement can be different levels of felony. Here are the two most likely involved statutes. We see Criminal Confinement much more than Kidnapping but I listed Kidnapping in case anyone had a question about it.

IC 35-42-3-2
    Kidnapping
    Sec. 2. (a) A person who knowingly or intentionally confines another person:
    (1) with intent to obtain ransom;
    (2) while hijacking a vehicle;
    (3) with intent to obtain the release, or intent to aid in the escape, of any person from lawful detention; or
    (4) with intent to use the person confined as a shield or hostage;
    commits kidnapping, a Class A felony.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally removes another person, by fraud, enticement, force, or threat of force, from one place to another:
    (1) with intent to obtain ransom;
    (2) while hijacking a vehicle;
    (3) with intent to obtain the release, or intent to aid in the escape, of any person from lawful detention; or
    (4) with intent to use the person removed as a shield or hostage;
    commits kidnapping, a Class A felony

IC 35-42-3-3
    Criminal confinement
    Sec. 3. (a) A person who knowingly or intentionally:
    (1) confines another person without the other person's consent; or
    (2) removes another person, by fraud, enticement, force, or threat of force, from one (1) place to another;
    commits criminal confinement. Except as provided in subsection (b), the offense of criminal confinement is a Class D felony.
    (b) The offense of criminal confinement defined in subsection (a) is:
    (1) a Class C felony if:
    (A) the person confined or removed is less than fourteen (14) years of age and is not the confining or removing person's child;
    (B) it is committed by using a vehicle; or
    (C) it results in bodily injury to a person other than the confining or removing person; and
    (2) a Class B felony if it:
    (A) is committed while armed with a deadly weapon;
    (B) results in serious bodily injury to a person other than the confining or removing person; or
    (C) is committed on an aircraft.

I heard on the radio, news that those being arrested were ONLY charged with misdeamors

I don't know Washington state law (but Donnie Baker does) but the prosecutor is the one that makes the call. They could be arrested for Conspiracy to Steal the Moon for now.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Is vandalism generally considered "criminal mischief?" If so, I'd say arrest the union local officers on conspiracy charges as well as any union member who can be identified.

EODThree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Brazil
    Looks like a boat-load (pun intended) of felonies were committed. I'm not up-to-speed on the Indiana penal code but "confinement" is one thing but IF the union thugs forced any of the guards to move anywhere, it becomes kidnapping. Add the other felonies to the mix and use conspiracy to commit to round-up the rest of the dirtbags. :twocents:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    ... and the along-the-shore men have all cars and homes confiscated??
    NOPE!!
    RICO is enforced by the DOJ.
    You know.....
    Holder and Company.
    As long as Obama is in power, and the Unions declare that they are "his army", there will be no Federal prosecution of ANY union people.

Top Bottom