soo with all this wallstreet stuff..whats our take?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    first, why are these protests happening?

second, how do us all at ingo feel about wallstreet and the current situation?

third, and most importantly, what do all these protesters want to happen, other than media attention, and the affection from the cute left wing girl?

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    there is no official INGO position. The liberals are trying to convince themselves that the protesters are their "Tea Party" (something they want so bad), and common sense folks know that they are nothing more than pot smoking rabble being manipulated by big labor and the White House.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    as long as theyre just protesters and not rioters or looters, i think we should let them be....besides alot of people are seeing this for what it really is, a bunch of young people(like me) who see a disconnect with the america they grew up beleiving in and the way america really IS...theyre just too young "stupid" and unorganized to know how to fix it...or it really is something that is just too big to fight. either way, just cause they might seem like a bunch of commy hippies doesnt mean that thats actually what they want, cuz in my opinion they dont really know. they just dont like the way this country is being run....and it has alot to do with the young peoples job market and the prospect for their future (many kids my age feel as though theyl never be as accomplished or secure as their fathers)...somethings wrong, they just dont know what to do about it

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

second, how do us all at ingo feel about wallstreet and the current situation?...
    there is no official INGO position. The liberals are trying to convince themselves that the protesters are their "Tea Party" (something they want so bad). . .

I've been waiting for Fenway to publish the official INGO position, but until then I'm generally in agreement with their RIGHT to protest but I am opposed to whatever it is they are protesting for only a few reasons.

• First the Communist Party has come out to endorse them.
    • Second, the NAZI Party has come out to endorse them.
    • Third, SEIU has been instramental in providing (bussing) their members is to participate and I have yet to find any common ground with SEIU union members.

Now I've heard a few common sense "demands" like getting us out of Iraq and Afghanistan. But most of the jibberish I've heard has made little sense.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    as long as theyre just protesters and not rioters or looters, i think we should let them be....besides alot of people are seeing this for what it really is, a bunch of young people(like me) who see a disconnect with the america they grew up beleiving in and the way america really IS...theyre just too young "stupid" and unorganized to know how to fix it...or it really is something that is just too big to fight. either way, just cause they might seem like a bunch of commy hippies doesnt mean that thats actually what they want, cuz in my opinion they dont really know. they just dont like the way this country is being run....and it has alot to do with the young peoples job market and the prospect for their future (many kids my age feel as though theyl never be as accomplished or secure as their fathers)...somethings wrong, they just dont know what to do about it

An insightful post, in my opinion. It has always been true that some people believe the world (or the country) owes them the lifestyle and living they believe they deserve simply by being alive, but this is perhaps the first time an entire generation has been brought up with parents, schooling, popular culture and the press reinforcing this belief; apparently to their chagrin when the world doesn't conform to their whim. At it's simplest form, it's a child's tantrum. This isn't to say that their anger at politicians isn't warranted (although they are directing their anger at the politicians Big Labor, Soros and the far Left are telling them to, rather than at the ones that are responsible for the particular wrongs they feel afflicted with) and that the banking system shouldn't have been bailed out from the consequences of playing fast and loose with their depositors money (a vast simplification, I know), but I don't get the sense that these protestors care so much about the fundamental issues facing this country as they care that they weren't given their "cut".

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    An insightful post, in my opinion. It has always been true that some people believe the world (or the country) owes them the lifestyle and living they believe they deserve simply by being alive, but this is perhaps the first time an entire generation has been brought up with parents, schooling, popular culture and the press reinforcing this belief; apparently to their chagrin when the world doesn't conform to their whim. At it's simplest form, it's a child's tantrum. This isn't to say that their anger at politicians isn't warranted (although they are directing their anger at the politicians Big Labor, Soros and the far Left are telling them to, rather than at the ones that are responsible for the particular wrongs they feel afflicted with) and that the banking system shouldn't have been bailed out from the consequences of playing fast and loose with their depositors money (a vast simplification, I know), but I don't get the sense that these protestors care so much about the fundamental issues facing this country as they care that they weren't given their "cut".

ok, i can see some of that..and i agree alot of their anger is misguided (often times being controlled by those that they SHOULD be angry with) nevertheless, there is a more basic issue here....many young people grew up being taught that america was the land of the free and a land of opportunity, and many of us beleived it...seeing as our mothers and fathers studied and worked hard and now are succesfull and happy (many successful enough to help out their children) and now, after some kids worked so hard to succeed in school, being told it was their key to a bright future, they end up working at jimmy johns or pizza hut, and being screwed by the govt left and right. i can understand (and actually feel) why they are upset. But i do agree, they are being controlled by the WRONG people, just because somehow its popular...the media has a strong effect on young people...many had nothing else to guide them

public education and college education also contributes to the misguided anger in todays youth

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    There are many groups trying to co-opt the movement. Someone like Michael Moore trying to be the face of the protests is about the equivalent of Sarah Palin trying to be the face of the Tea Party. That's how the Tea Parties got turned into little Republican social clubs and essentially turned irrelevant. The co-opting by the Republican party shredded the credibility of the movement in the eyes of the disillusioned public.

These movements are vast and diverse. Attempts to co-opt them, or pin them down to one set of tenets, is done for dishonest or selfish reasons. Essentially, any movement that falls outside the Left-Right Paradigm must be steered by the media so that the public continues their silly game of cheering for the Red Team / Blue Team.

Factions on the so-called Left want to steal the protesters' thunder by trying to own the movement, and steer it to their own selfish ends.

Factions on the so-called Right want to discredit the protesters and call them names, so that none of their legitimate claims are heard on their side.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

third, and most importantly, what do all these protesters want to happen, other than media attention, and the affection from the cute left wing girl?

I think that the majority of them are "rebels without a cause".

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville

The same reason most protests form - people are frustrated with the current political atmosphere.

Depends who you ask... it seems to range from They are pot smoking hippie commie nazis led by the shadow liberal government to They are all idiots to They have no clear message to They have the right to freedom of speech to These things being protested makes sensee... etc.. etc..

INGO has many members, so following in the great American tradition not everyone believes exactly the same thing.

I think that is the most misunderstood aspect of these protests... Everyone yearns for a bullet point "demands list"... some going as far as propping lists made by a single individual up as such a list... In reality, a demands list does not exist, and I think after some thought a reason exists...

Pointing out a problem and demanding a specific solution has been the general path of most political protests in the past, and since that is what we know, that is what we expect... but open dialog and the inclusion of many opinions and perspectives is also an extremely powerful means of reaching a consensus on what the problems are, and what solutions can lead to the best outcome. We live in an age where communication is easier than ever, and political movements tend to adapt to technology quickly.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    As long as it looks like they're not coalescing into a voting block I agree, let the police deal with them. If they actually become voters (which I doubt) then we will need to be really worried. Right now they're like fleas on a dog, irritating little blood-suckers but essentially harmless.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I love reading articles about people gathering to orchestrate an Occupy Our Town group. Most of these articles indicate that those gathering have a devil of a time deciding what exactly to protest. It never ceases to amaze me how many have a proclivity towards protest for protest's sake.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    There are many groups trying to co-opt the movement. Someone like Michael Moore trying to be the face of the protests is about the equivalent of Sarah Palin trying to be the face of the Tea Party. That's how the Tea Parties got turned into little Republican social clubs and essentially turned irrelevant. The co-opting by the Republican party shredded the credibility of the movement in the eyes of the disillusioned public.

These movements are vast and diverse. Attempts to co-opt them, or pin them down to one set of tenets, is done for dishonest or selfish reasons. Essentially, any movement that falls outside the Left-Right Paradigm must be steered by the media so that the public continues their silly game of cheering for the Red Team / Blue Team.

Factions on the so-called Left want to steal the protesters' thunder by trying to own the movement, and steer it to their own selfish ends.

Factions on the so-called Right want to discredit the protesters and call them names, so that none of their legitimate claims are heard on their side.

What are their legitimate claims? I've not heard any yet.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    What are their legitimate claims? I've not heard any yet.

Adbusters (one of the primary organizers) claim the central demands is that Obama "ordain a Presidential Commission tasked with ending the influence money has over our representatives in Washington".

As far as I have read, that is the closest thing to an official demand.... reducing the influence lobbyists have on our political representatives.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Adbusters (one of the primary organizers) claim the central demands is that Obama "ordain a Presidential Commission tasked with ending the influence money has over our representatives in Washington".

As far as I have read, that is the closest thing to an official demand.... reducing the influence lobbyists have on our political representatives.

well, at least that seems to be a resonable demand (from their standpoint) not necessarily from a realistic standpoint

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Those Occupy Wall Street are just Anarchists.

If one follows the trail is leads back to the International Working Men's Association, which leads to the unions and communists. They have been around for years.

Generally they protested the political parties in power, but since the one in power is one of them, they have turned their focus on Wall Street.
    You used to see them a G20 summits, the media has always been fascinated with them and they are taking these lost soles and are trying to legitimize them as Main Street.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Those Occupy Wall Street are just Anarchists.

If one follows the trail is leads back to the International Working Men's Association, which leads to the unions and communists. They have been around for years.

Generally they protested the political parties in power, but since the one in power is one of them, they have turned their focus on Wall Street.
    You used to see them a G20 summits, the media has always been fascinated with them and they are taking these lost soles and are trying to legitimize them as Main Street.
    How can they be anarchists AND communists?

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Those who are protesting the Federal Reserve, inflation, foreign interventionism, the Military-Industrial Complex, fiat currency, bailouts, and the corporate control of government.

You know, the kind of issues that the "Right" doesn't want to talk about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFz1VVXsWRU

well, he seems to be more knowladgleable and intelligent than most of those kids...

Top Bottom