• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Almost every candidate in this debate is nothing more than a yes man. Its like they have never had an original thought of their own. They only spout off the answers they think the American people want to hear constantly changing their position on the issues or dodging difficult or sensitive issues by giving a totally unrelated answer. This is why I believe in Dr. Paul, he is the only real and genuine person involved, even if his point of view is unpopular he stands by his guns and never waivers in his conviction. That takes guts and integrity. Not one other candidate has either. They are sheep led by sheep. If any one of these candidates other than Ron Paul becomes the next President. This country is finished. I just cant even comprehend how it is that people dont see this fact.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Yep, it's hard to watch this ****. I'm with you on the RP comments. I would add that, even if I don't agree with them 100%, Cain and Gingrich have conducted themselves well during the debates and have generally stayed on topic. I haven't seen them stoop like the others have.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Almost every candidate in this debate is nothing more than a yes man. Its like they have never had an original thought of their own. They only spout off the answers they think the American people want to hear constantly changing their position on the issues or dodging difficult or sensitive issues by giving a totally unrelated answer. This is why I believe in Dr. Paul, he is the only real and genuine person involved, even if his point of view is unpopular he stands by his guns and never waivers in his conviction. That takes guts and integrity. Not one other candidate has either. They are sheep led by sheep. If any one of these candidates other than Ron Paul becomes the next President. This country is finished. I just cant even comprehend how it is that people dont see this fact.

When you realize you are in the minority in your political views, you will understand why they say what they say. Honestly, did the last presidential election not give it away?

Ron Paul isn't a savior. And he won't be anymore successful in righting the ship than anybody else because nobody will go for the all-or-nothing approach he's advocating.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    When you realize you are in the minority in your political views, you will understand why they say what they say. Honestly, did the last presidential election not give it away?

Ron Paul isn't a savior. And he won't be anymore successful in righting the ship than anybody else because nobody will go for the all-or-nothing approach he's advocating.

I agree and know Ron Paul is not a savior. The point I am making is he is real and honest and he will do his very best to follow through with what he is saying. In short I trust him. While I feel Newt has a measure of integrity, there is not one other person up there that I trust any further than I can spit out a rat...

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

The American people don't want Ron Paul. They've never wanted the Libertarian candidate, or any candidate with libertarian ideals.

They want the other type of politician, which is why the politicians act the way they do.

If the majority of Americans believed like Ron Paul, he'd be the President.

We live in a republic, with democratic institutions. The downside of that is that the majority elects the President. Libertarians are a minority. The fact that Ron Paul won't be elected is proof the system works.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    The American people don't want Ron Paul. They've never wanted the Libertarian candidate, or any candidate with libertarian ideals.

They want the other type of politician, which is why the politicians act the way they do.

We live in a republic, with democratic institutions. The downside of that is that the majority elects the President. Libertarians are a minority. The fact that Ron Paul won't be elected is proof the system works.

You may be right about Ron Paul not getting elected. But we all will see that the system doesn't work when the United States goes the same route as the former USSR. I am not one to say I told you so, but in this case when the time comes I will say it loud and proud. If you think things aren't already getting bad. I was in Kroger's tonight and I saw basic gill frank ball park hotdogs for $5 a pack freakin hot dogs; 6 months ago they were $2.50. Four Kroger bags of groceries was $74 after taxes even at $10 or $11 an hour that is more than a full days work, and we really didn't get anything to speak of...

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You may be right about Ron Paul not getting elected. But we all will see that the system doesn't work when the United States goes the same route as the former USSR. I am not one to say I told you so, but in this case when the time comes I will say it loud and proud. If you think things aren't already getting bad. I was in Kroger's tonight and I saw basic gill frank ball park hotdogs for $5 a pack freakin hot dogs; 6 months ago they were $2.50. Four Kroger bags of groceries was $74 after taxes even at $10 or $11 an hour that is more than a full days work, and we really didn't get anything to speak of...

No, he's right. The system works in that the people get what the people want...or think they want. If that ultimately scuttles the system itself because other areas tank, that's a different story.

Paper or plastic?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

What does the high price of groceries have to do with Ron Paul?

I can't argue with the price you paid for hot dogs this month or last, but if grocery costs where you shop have gone up by 100 percent, it's where you shop, not the state of the economy. Groceries haven't gone up by that much.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Well, they were SUPPOSED to address the Second Amendment, but due to that little back and forth beyotch slapping contest, it took up all the time. This was a very poorly managed "debate".
    And "TIME" means "TIME"! When yours is up, SHUT UP. They should have had a "kill mic" button.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    No, he's right. The system works in that the people get what the people want...or think they want. If that ultimately scuttles the system itself because other areas tank, that's a different story.

Paper or plastic?

I understand what you are saying and that is not the system I was referring to, I guess I read the post too fast. However in response to this, because of the electorial collage it is possible for a candidate to win the election without having the majority of the public's vote. There is also evidence that electronic voting is highly susceptible to tampering. I am simply voicing my opinion and I believe everyone is entitled to their own. For me I have very little faith in how things are going for this country. What scares me more than anything is that we are going to get Perry or Romney and nothing is going to change they will be puppets just like Obama. I do not believe they will stand by their word any more than Obama has about his saying he was going to bring the troops home.

I do not claim to be any sort of authority on politics I am far from it, but I do have a very good understanding of basic math and of management. What is being done in this country is no different than if say I were unemployed and overdrawn in my checking account with my rent overdue and I took out a loan to give money to someone I do not know without expecting to ever be re-payed and then forced my next door neighbors children to work in a sweat shop to repay the loan for me. To me the actions of our government are so ridiculous and irresponsible it is beyond my comprehension. I see no way the governments actions can be justified. Further more I think we are out of time, another 4 years of the same and its all going to come crumbling down.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You are right. I watched the debate with some friends and we came to some conclusions. Whenever these hacks feel like they are in hot water, they resort to bashing Obama, where they know they can get some obligatory applause. And when it comes down to substance, its much easier to support the status quo than it is to stand by any real fiscally conservative ideas. Ron Paul was the only candidate who had the consistency and integrity to say that ALL [STRIKE]foreign welfare[/STRIKE] foreign "aid" should be cut... even to Israel. The rest of these pretenders keep reciting the same old tired rhetoric. I guess we'll just keep subsidizing the rest of the world's defense while we go into a death spiral of hyperinflation. I'm sure the world will be a lot safer then.

Tonight's debate went very well for Ron Paul. He was getting big applause after several of his answers, he even got parroted by Romney and Perry after the Yuca Mountain question. He's got the best fiscally conservative plan... one that should easily pass a race full of people who tout themselves as conservatives. He IS electable. If he was just a gadfly like some people like to say, then he wouldn't be the driving force of every debate and discussion.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htF0LaaU4FY[/ame]

chandler10r1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Danville,IN
    I pretty much gave up on all current politicians, when we lost our credit rating. How much does it take to wake up americans to what is REALLY going on. And of course the economy is to blame for the price of "hot dogs", its not where you shop! what an unreal statement. Everything has a base price, and if something has rose 100% it is in large part a result of a horrible economy. We need to vote in new canidates for EVERY seat available, that is the only way to get real "change". The president alone can not control this dissaster.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Rambone: Did you work for RP's presidential run in 2008?

I did. But I also watched the debates in 2008. I decided to not watch any debates this time. Tired of the scripted events to showcase the RINO and whomever happens to be polling decent this week. Better to throw some money at your candidate, and work to get them elected. And likely, look back and say I tried.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    You are right. I watched the debate with some friends and we came to some conclusions. Whenever these hacks feel like they are in hot water, they resort to bashing Obama, where they know they can get some obligatory applause. And when it comes down to substance, its much easier to support the status quo than it is to stand by any real fiscally conservative ideas. Ron Paul was the only candidate who had the consistency and integrity to say that ALL [STRIKE]foreign welfare[/STRIKE] foreign "aid" should be cut... even to Israel. The rest of these pretenders keep reciting the same old tired rhetoric. I guess we'll just keep subsidizing the rest of the world's defense while we go into a death spiral of hyperinflation. I'm sure the world will be a lot safer then.

Tonight's debate went very well for Ron Paul. He was getting big applause after several of his answers, he even got parroted by Romney and Perry after the Yuca Mountain question. He's got the best fiscally conservative plan... one that should easily pass a race full of people who tout themselves as conservatives. He IS electable. If he was just a gadfly like some people like to say, then he wouldn't be the driving force of every debate and discussion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htF0LaaU4FY

People say they wont support Dr. Paul because they disagree with his views on this or that and then in the next breath say that he wont be able to accomplish those things anyway. Then I have to ask ok so then why not support him? If the thing you dont agree with is something you dont believe he can accomplish then why sweat that particular topic? I dont think anyone can challenge Dr. Paul's integrity. At least you know he is honest and is going to do his best for the American people. That is more than can be said for any of the other candidates.
    Almost everything Dr. Paul says is pretty much not debatable. For instance that the United States is bankrupt and its no longer a matter of if we should continue to financially support other countries, because the fact of the matter is we can not we DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS!!! Every dollar being sent over seas is borrowed money. It is borrowed money we will never get back. I dont understand why that is so hard for people to understand.
    Here is a question for those that do not support ending foreign aid. Suppose the federal government no longer sent money over seas but instead started a fund that Americans could choose to donate to for that purpose. How many of you would take money out of your wallet and add to that fund? I am guessing that number is close to zero. If your answer is no you wouldn't donate your own hard earned dollars to that fund, then how in the hell can you justify borrowing money we dont have and dumping that dept on your children? Maybe you should ask your children how they feel about it. After all you are spending their and their children's future.
    I know I for one am sick of choosing between the lessor of two evils, its been that way every election since I was old enough to vote. We deserve better, America deserves better. More than anything our children deserve better.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I know I for one am sick of choosing between the lessor of two evils, its been that way every election since I was old enough to vote. We deserve better, America deserves better. More than anything our children deserve better.

And the best part is, if conservatives will back up Ron Paul in the primary, then there will be one less evil on the ticket. By all accounts, Ron Paul is a kindly man of honesty and integrity. Creating such an uncommon ticket is the only way to bring a victory over silver-tongued Obama and his Establishment money. Ron Paul will bring out people who gave up voting a long time ago. Obama cannot win a debate against Ron Paul, period.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    We live in a republic, with democratic institutions. The downside of that is that the [STRIKE]majority elects [/STRIKE] Electorate college elects the President. Libertarians are a minority. The fact that Ron Paul won't be elected is proof the system works.

FTFU

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Originally Posted by dross
    We live in a republic, with democratic institutions. The downside of that is that the majority elects Electorate college elects the President. Libertarians are a minority. The fact that Ron Paul won't be elected is proof the system works.

If you are going to fix it for him, how about not making him appear illiterate:yesway:

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County

The majority may not want him but I tHink in this there is also proof that the majority has no clue about what the constitution or Bill of Rights are all about. So called "conservatives" have been put into this idea of Republican = good and democrat = bad. The Patriot Act was brought to us by Bush so if I am a conservative it is a great thing....the reality it has done much more to rob freedom and liberty than anything Obama has done, and he has done his share.

Top Bottom