• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I love how the Democrats made political hay out of the Patriot Act. They screamed about how it was an infringement on our rights (and it is). They claimed we needed a Democrat President so we could undo the Patriot Act.

We got our Democrat President.

...and then they pass the NDAA.

Oh, and we still have the Patriot Act.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Excellent piece.

I also found the opening quote interesting in that it came from one of the biggest tyrants our republic has known.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    In before the statists come along and try to explain how this is nothing to worry about because it would never be used against American citizens.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Too often in our republic the sheep cry, "Why is the government not doing more in this field?" and "Why is the government not doing more in that field?" when the question should be "Why is the government out of its damn cage and in any of these fields?"

The central government has been encroaching on grounds beyond the boundaries established by the States in the Constitution for decades. It has only accelerated in recent decades. When do we stand up and say enough is enough?

Wake up people!

Pray for peace. Prepare for war. Hell is coming to breakfast.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Too often in our republic the sheep cry, "Why is the government not doing more in this field?" and "Why is the government not doing more in that field?" when the question should be "Why is the government out of its damn cage and in any of these fields?"

The central government has been encroaching on grounds beyond the boundaries established by the States in the Constitution for decades. It has only accelerated in recent decades. When do we stand up and say enough is enough?

Wake up people!

Pray for peace. Prepare for war. Hell is coming to breakfast.

Agreed! :yesway:

rphutchi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Americans simply don't care as long as they can entertain and stimulate themselves and avoid being targeted by those in power. No one needs a constitution if they can find a private corner for their narcissistic lifestyle.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    "There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. "
    -- James Madison

Spoken by a man that had studied human history, centuries of government, KNEW the nature of governments, did not have the benefit of what has occurred between his time and the present, AND HE PREDICTED THESE EVENTS! That makes actions such as this to be inexcusable and an intentional assault upon our Liberty.

Revolution 2.012 :patriot:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    This will go well with the enforcement of obama-care which once people find out what some of it's provisions are, there will be such an uproar that must be put down. If you are vocally against the government telling you what medicine you can or can't take, and what treatment your doctor will be allowed to do, you will be branded as a domestic terrorist and join the ranks of "the disappeared".

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    One post has been removed from this thread. I don't want to lock it, but the rule is clear: We do NOT flirt with the line on armed revolution on here. No how, no way, not gonna happen. Please don't get yourself banned.

Blessings,
    Bill

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I went and did some searching for the quote from Bush with that of Hitler.* No cite from Hitler could be found. I'm dismissing that portion of the clip. That said, there are a number of valid points made in the clip.

Regarding the recently passed bill, I did come across this quote from fearless leader:

"We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."
    -fearless leader

Once again, if you listen to the statist pigs they tell you exactly what they are doing.

I also came across this speech from Hitler.* It was delivered to Reichstag just prior to the Enabling Act.

Hitler's speech to the Reichstag, Berlin

What I find interesting about the speech is that it isn't much of a stretch to find the parallels in what some of our own politicians are saying today.

Wake up folks.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Republicans never pass up a chance to strengthen the Police State.

Statist pigs never pass a chance to strengthen the Police State. The party label they wear is simply a matter of expedience.

May the Statist pigs burn in Hell; regardless of the label on their coat.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Duke5555
    Top Bottom