• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rick Santorum is a poster-boy for what drove away voters from Republicans during the Bush years. He supported all the worst expansions of the Federal Government when he should have stuck by his "conservative" principles and voted against them. He's created multiple Federal agencies, supports bailouts, helped double the Department of Education, allowed the Federal Government to spy on U.S. citizens without warrants, supported every interventionist war, is an outspoken supporter of foreign aid, supported a terribly irresponsible expansion of Medicare, and has a history of being very anti-muslim and anti-homosexual. He's unelectable.

1994 - He supported Federal health insurance mandates for private citizens.

1996 - He voted for the anti-gun Lautenberg Amendment to Federally strip citizens of gun rights if they are convicted of a certain misdemeanors.

2001 - He voted for No Child Left Behind, further federalizing education in America, and doubling the size of the Department of Education, in both employees and in budget size.

2001 - He voted for the USA PATRIOT Act.

2001 - He voted to bailout the airline industry with Federal tax-dollars.

2002 - He voted for the creation of the Department of Homeland Security.

2002 - He voted to create the TSA, which now unconstitutionally searches people in airports, bus stations, subways, train stations, on highways, and more.

2003 - He voted to expand prescription drug entitlements with his support of Medicare Part D, which is now a $7 Trillion unfunded liability.

2004 - Endorsed pro-abortion candidate Arlen Specter.

2006 - He was the #1 most lobbied member of Congress.

2006 - Made list of most corrupt members of Congress.

2008 - Wrote an article titled Vote For Foreign Aid.

2008 - Endorsed Mitt Romney as his first choice in 2008 election.

2011 - Advocates a trade war with China.

2011 - Advocates sodomy laws used to imprison homosexuals.

2011 - Says that foreign scientists should be treated like members of al-Qaeda.

2011 - Advocates the TSA racially profiling Muslims.

2012 - Says that he would bomb Iran.

He voted to raise the debt ceiling at least 8 times.

He worked with Hillary Clinton to ban "inappropriate material" in video games.

“I came to the House as a real deficit hawk, but I am no longer a deficit hawk. I’ll tell you why. I had to spend the surpluses. Deficits make it easier to say no.” -- Rick Santorum, 2/5/2003 (source)

"If you're a conservative, there really is only one place to go right now. I would even argue farther than that. If you're a Republican, if you're a Republican in the broadest sense, there is only one place to go right now and that's Mitt Romney." -- Rick Santorum, 2/1/2008 (source)

"I don’t want to go to a trade war. I want to beat China. I want to go to war with China and make America the most attractive place in the world to do business." -- Rick Santorum, 10/11/2011 (source)

“And I stood up from the very beginning back in 2003 when the Supreme Court was going create a constitutional right to sodomy and said this is wrong we can’t do this. And so I stood up when no one else did and got hammered for it. I stood up and I continue to stand up.” -- Rick Santorum, 10/22/2011, (source)

"I have always been a supporter of uniform laws on values that undergird the family. That's why I supported the Federal Marriage Amendment - you cannot have 50 different marriage laws. And you cannot have 50 different abortion laws." -- Rick Santorum, 2011 (source)

"Don’t give me this idea — I hear this: ‘Oh, you’re a moralist. You’re trying to impose your values.’ Everybody’s trying to impose their values. That’s what America’s about." -- Rick Santorum, 12/29/2011 (source)

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Judge Napolitano exposes another Big Government supporter

"One of the criticisms I make is to what I refer to as more of a libertarianish Right. They have this idea that people should be left alone, do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down and our regulations low, that we shouldn't get involved in the bedroom, that we shouldn't get involved in cultural issues. That is not how traditional conservatives view the world." -- Rick Santorum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gwwmm-cQxU

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Santorum: Pursuit of Happiness harms America

Again Rick rants on television about how people should not be allowed the freedom to do what they want to do. He says real conservatives don't pursue individual liberty, but mandatory responsibilities imposed for the "common good." He says that social freedom is a Leftist position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03zFTTqHScI

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rick Santorum: Gay people should stop being gay

In an interview with Chris Wallace, he goes on a tirade about how gay discrimination is nothing like race discrimination. He suggests that there are "all sorts of studies" that suggest that gay people can reform themselves and stop being gay, and therefore, his discrimination against homosexuals is justified.

This man has some serious issues with other people's lifestyles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrZtlnsBq_Y

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the erudition. Santorum would guarantee an Obama 2nd term if nominated.

Romney nomination would mean the election doesn't matter as Mitt = Barack on 90% of the issues that we care about.

The only choice for a return to sanity and our constitutional republican government is Ron Paul.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    This is rich...........
    You completely ignore Santorum until he comes from behind with single digit poll results and hands Ron Paul his ass on a platter in the Iowa Caucus.

:laugh:
    :lmfao:
    :rofl:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    If anything, the Supreme Court should have refused to hear the Kelo case on the grounds that the 5th amendment does not apply to states. -Rick Santorum

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    “And I stood up from the very beginning back in 2003 when the Supreme Court was going create a constitutional right to sodomy and said this is wrong we can’t do this. And so I stood up when no one else did and got hammered for it. I stood up and I continue to stand up.” -- Rick Santorum, 10/22/2011, (source)

This is a frightening statement. Our rights are not "created" by the constitution. The fact that he doesn't understand this is unacceptable.

This is rich...........
    You completely ignore Santorum until he comes from behind with single digit poll results and hands Ron Paul his ass on a platter in the Iowa Caucus.

:laugh:
    :lmfao:
    :rofl:

I know, right? Discussing the currently relevant candidates is so ridiculous. We should discuss Herman Cain's policies some more. Why don't you go start a thread on it.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    This is a frightening statement. Our rights are not "created" by the constitution. The fact that he doesn't understand this is unacceptable.

Since this is Ron Paul's statement, not Santorum's, you admit that you find Paul "frightening" and "unacceptable."

(Can't wait to see the excuse making and back-peddalling on this one.)

Top Bottom