• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Seems Bill Cosby, the man has some really great common sense ideas, is giving his opinion on how to fix the American Education system. Cut the spending, let local communities and parents take the lead.

I recently had a conversation with my daughters principle regarding some concerns I had with an inconsistency in her classroom. The main theme, as I expressed, was I expect very little from the teachers and I don't mean that in a derrogatory way. I don't expect them to teach my child the truly important things in life, work ethic, respect, critical thinking, etc...I expect teachers to teach facts and not their perspective on those facts.

Teachers need to be held accountable and I'm not talking about in the classroom so much as in the home. Parents are teachers and are the most important teachers in their childrens lives. Too many skirt this responsibility and leave it to the education system. Teachers are powerless to really do anything and with no child left behind, everyone suffers because of parents who don't take the time to work with their children.

We teach our kids life, in the real practice. Teachers teach theory. It's time for parents to step up.

School Choice | Bill Cosby | Education Cuts | The Daily Caller

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    it's a theory, i'm ok with it being taught provided that the other side of the conversation is taught with equal time.

I'm proactive so I've already talked to my oldest daughter about what she learns in Sunday school and what she can expect to learn in school. I told her what I believe and why. I've also told her that when she gets older, she needs to be able to decide for herself what she believes.

I'm a strong believer, nothing ever shakes that. Going to the Creation Museum with my wife was an amazing experience. One my daughters will have soon.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I think you are using the word theory wrong. The catholic church recognizes evolution as fact.

The creation myth has no place in the school nor a science classroom. Schools are for facts. Not stories.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I think you are using the word theory wrong. The catholic church recognizes evolution as fact.

The creation myth has no place in the school nor a science classroom. Schools are for facts. Not stories.

I'm not catholic. I don't believe we evolved from apes. There's science on both sides and both are theoretical, as is the vast majority of science. So, when in doubt, I go by what the good book tells me

You asked for my thoughts and I gave them. I didn't ask for yours.

And for the record, my daughters principle agreed with what I had to say so much that he invited me to give it as a presentation to 300 dads at upcoming event.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Evolution doesn't say we evolved from apes. you clearly don't understand evolution, and there is no science to creationism.

In order to stay as respectful as we can to each other, we might as well end the conversation.

Have a good night

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    We didn't evolve from Apes, we evolved from a common ancestor.

We could have evolved from apes according to the THEORY of evolution. If you can't think of a scenario using the THEORY of evolution where people could have evolved from apes, then there is something wrong.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    One of my favorite things about bill cosby is the zip zop zippiti zoo bop bop

Cosby6.gif

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I agree that Parents and Grand Parents, Aunts, Uncles, etc. need to step up and take a bigger role in teaching children.

I can't remember my parents ever sitting down with me and actually "teaching" me anything, which is probably why it took me almost 30 years to learn what Liberty actually means.

They didn't teach me things about dating, what kind of person is right for me, how to be a good boyfriend, fiance, husband, father etc.

They just threw me in the deep end and said, "hope you learn to swim!"

The things they did harp on were inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. Following the rules for the sake of following them.

Top Bottom