Did you know there was an armed revolt in the USA by citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If you are wondering what the second ammendment is really all about just watch this video clip and REALLY THINK ABOUT IT and think about such places as Chicago and think back about ACORN or the New Black Panthers being at polling locations.

I was completely unaware of this event that took place in Athens , TN in 1946. I did not know an armed revolt by WWII veterans ever took place during our lifetime. A very sobering video to say the least. The film came from a made-for-TV movie and is based on actual history.

Now the second amendment is a little clearer to me, and apparently we have proof that an armed citizenry can defeat government.

Battle-of-Athens

For a little more depth on the issue

2nd Amendment

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If that happened today, the vets would have been labeled right wing extremists, and the county would have been put under martial law, with all firearms confiscated...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I took the dramatization with a grain of salt, but the photos at the end were very informative. Unfortunately, we probably couldn't get away with doing that in, say, Cook County, IL. The majority of the rest of Illinois would be cheering.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Nothing like this could ever happen today. With the 24 hr news cycle and super well-armed SWAT teams just about everywhere, the resistance would be liquified so fast. Probably hush hushed too.

Then the media would be all over the story saying how the "radical right wingers" went off the deep end and had to be "subdued".

Then LEO's from across the country would jump in and talk all about how citizens shouldn't have arms since they can't make the kind of rational judgements that they can as to when arms are to be used.

We'd have an executive order suspending the 2nd Amendment "for our own good". Then watch the fireworks.

In 1946, there was still a high level of respect for the returning vets, which I'm sure is why they were'nt prosecuted. Today is a different story. While I'm sure there's still a great deal of respect for vets, the judiciary will throw absolutely anyone under the bus.

I'm just sayin' Feel free to add, and I will relish the nay-sayers opinions.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I took the dramatization with a grain of salt, but the photos at the end were very informative. Unfortunately, we probably couldn't get away with doing that in, say, Cook County, IL. The majority of the rest of Illinois would be cheering.

But the people of Cook County have no NEED to toss out their .gov. It (local .gov) gives them everything (to the majority) that they want. So why get rid of it? :dunno:

fyi: Cook County, IL has the highest % of people on public aid than any other county in the nation!

-Jedi

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    Cook County is an absolute cess pool. I would only look for it to implode and then move outside it's borders and take everything it can.

Unfortunately I lived in cook county for about four years for work in commercial construction, if the money wasn't so good I wouldn't have stepped foot into it. Anyways while I was there there was a sink hole that developed on lake shore drive and a couple cars fell into it during rush hour. I later found out that a majority of downtown was built on top of a landfill. I guess all that garbage in their water is getting to them. Waiting for the whole city to collapse into lake Michigan lol.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Discussed thoroughly in Unintended Consequences. If you didn't know about this one, also check out the MOVE bombing by police that happened in Philly. That one was also not known to me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nothing like this could ever happen today. With the 24 hr news cycle and super well-armed SWAT teams just about everywhere, the resistance would be liquified so fast. Probably hush hushed too.

Then the media would be all over the story saying how the "radical right wingers" went off the deep end and had to be "subdued".

Then LEO's from across the country would jump in and talk all about how citizens shouldn't have arms since they can't make the kind of rational judgements that they can as to when arms are to be used.

We'd have an executive order suspending the 2nd Amendment "for our own good". Then watch the fireworks.

In 1946, there was still a high level of respect for the returning vets, which I'm sure is why they were'nt prosecuted. Today is a different story. While I'm sure there's still a great deal of respect for vets, the judiciary will throw absolutely anyone under the bus.

I'm just sayin' Feel free to add, and I will relish the nay-sayers opinions.

Most returning vets have more firefight experience than a swat team. A couple vets would be overwhelmed. But a town full of them? They would have had to call more than the SWAT.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Cook County is an absolute cess pool. I would only look for it to implode and then move outside it's borders and take everything it can.

It's already happening. Public Housing/Sec 8 residents 'outsourced' to communities in surrounding states. Rahm Emanuel trying to spread Chicago gun ban to the rest of the State of Illinois.

Chicago political machine beachhead in the White House...? :):

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    :wow: I've never heard of it either until now. Thanks for posting, this country is due for a few of them to happen. Ok maybe more than a few.:):

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Unfortunately I lived in cook county for about four years for work in commercial construction, if the money wasn't so good I wouldn't have stepped foot into it. Anyways while I was there there was a sink hole that developed on lake shore drive and a couple cars fell into it during rush hour. I later found out that a majority of downtown was built on top of a landfill. I guess all that garbage in their water is getting to them. Waiting for the whole city to collapse into lake Michigan lol.

Maybe it's genetic (or maybe nurture) but I was born and largely raised in Cook County and I've never been anywhere where the tap water tasted better.

Top Bottom