• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    business as usual for the cops. i bet houston pd will have the cops back and insist he did nothing wrong.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    OK, but why hassle them? Are they trespassing? Interfering with the customers coming in or out?

A "hi, how are ya?" would have found out everything the cop needed to know.

Smacks of Cartman.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Is it illegal to record in texas without consent?

Not that it really matters in terms of common decency, but in court.

Texas appears to be a "one way" state with a public exception so it would not appear to be at all illegal:

Texas Recording Law | Citizen Media Law Project

However, I of course defer to resident Texas law expert Kirk Freeman and his consigliere (sp?) Rhino...

Joe

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Texas appears to be a "one way" state with a public exception so it would not appear to be at all illegal:

Texas Recording Law | Citizen Media Law Project

However, I of course defer to resident Texas law expert Kirk Freeman and his consigliere (sp?) Rhino...

Joe

Thanks for that. LEO should just expect to be recorded all the time. If you are on duty as a public servant, in the public eye, why should you have right to privacy?

I just can't believe he drew the taser. Then he claims he alrwady got hurt once that day, seemed to be rushing the camera pretty ok to me. Hope hear some disciplinary action taken. Mother effing walmart rent a cop trippin on some bullshtuff.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I don't know how to explain it:

I do:

cartman.jpg

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    A very strange case from Texas. Two young guys shooting a video in front of a Wal-Mart draws the rage of a nearby police officer with Taser brandished.

I don't know how to explain it:

The Everlasting Phelps » Blog Archive » Another Isolated Incident

I can explain it.... :)

These are two young men with nothing to do. They intentionally set out to get a reaction from the copper standing outside the exit doors. The copper took the bait and their mission was a success. Now this has become another "isolated incident" folks can get on the Internet and complain about.

I bet you a donut the officer is working security at the store following a 3-11p shift on the street. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute. Your Standin outside the exit doors for a breath of fresh air and along comes two upstanding and respectful gentleman that stops 15' away from you. They pull out a cell phone and start recording in your direction saying, "we in the mother f***ing parking lot of Walmart."

Not an everyday common occurrence, at least not in my experience. I don't want to deal with punks setting out to intentionally provoke a reaction. Especially, following a shift and having dealt with real punks all day.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So lets say the average Joe is just getting off working a 12 hour shift and doesn't feel like dealing with any BS, and somebody pisses him off. If he draws a taser, or any other weapon, what happens to him?

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    So lets say the average Joe is just getting off working a 12 hour shift and doesn't feel like dealing with any BS, and somebody pisses him off. If he draws a taser, or any other weapon, what happens to him?[/QUOTE

The average joe isn't subjected to situations on the street on a daily basis. The amount of stress is beyond most posters imagination on this forum. Some cops can deal with it, others can't.

I didn't defend this officer's reaction, I'm simply saying it could have been avoided and not provoked.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    So lets say the average Joe is just getting off working a 12 hour shift and doesn't feel like dealing with any BS, and somebody pisses him off. If he draws a taser, or any other weapon, what happens to him?[/QUOTE

The average joe isn't subjected to situations on the street on a daily basis. The amount of stress is beyond most posters imagination on this forum. Some cops can deal with it, others can't.

I didn't defend this officer's reaction, I'm simply saying it could have been avoided and not provoked.

If this is the case, then we need to review the legality of a law enforcer working private security after a shift. An example would be airline pilots, air traffic controllers, or surgeons. Heck, even bus drivers are subject restrictions. I certainly don't want jumpy cops drawing their weapons at Wal-Mart. I am sure police unions would be fine with limiting this overtime style of work.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

The average joe isn't subjected to situations on the street on a daily basis. The amount of stress is beyond most posters imagination on this forum.

Very unlikely.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    MPD, that's BS man. I don't care if you dog just died. You don't throw out the constitution because you had a bad day.

If a family member was taking video outside a Walmart then tased by some cop having a bad day things are going to get ugly fast. It's going to start with me calling 911 on YOU!

Top Bottom