• Floater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Chesterton
    Straight from the link:
    This anonymous letter landed in my inbox about a minute ago:

I wonder if the author is also considering parking $32.3 million dollars in his bank account for the Nigerian prince who contacted him.

I wonder if the author truely believes he just won the Australian national lottery (even without entering).

I wonder if I can convince the author to purchase the beach front property I own in Colorado.

I wonder if there should be some purple in there somewhere.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Heated debates on the internet are like the Paralympics: even if you win, you are still retarded.

It was in the comments section. I like that the best.

Privite prisons are real. I build one here in Indiana. New Castle correctional. Privately run. Inmates from AZ.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Unfortunately for the author, crime has decreased rapidly since 1990.

However, The number of Americans that are incarcerated has massively increased.

We now have more people in our prisons then any other nation. By number and percentage. And The number of people we are imprisoning is increasing by an average of 3% per year. As of 2009 25% of the world's imprisoned population was jailed in the US.

(Fun Fact: Less than a quarter of the newly incarcerated are convicted of a violent crime)

1000px-US_incarceration_timeline-clean-fixed-timescale.svg.png

Incarceration_rates_worldwide.gif

1024px-Correctional_Populations_in_the_United_States_1980-2008.png

US_criminal_justice_cost_timeline.gif

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    And how many of these ...

... would you have freed and running the streets, and with drug-use made legal also. Get your head out. EBG

We now have more people in our prisons then any other nation. By number and percentage. And The number of people we are imprisoning is increasing by an average of 3% per year. As of 2009 25% of the world's imprisoned population was jailed in the US.

(Fun Fact: Less than a quarter of the newly incarcerated are convicted of a violent crime)

1000px-US_incarceration_timeline-clean-fixed-timescale.svg.png

Incarceration_rates_worldwide.gif

1024px-Correctional_Populations_in_the_United_States_1980-2008.png

US_criminal_justice_cost_timeline.gif

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd venture to guess that if our prisons were actually run like prisons rather than country clubs we'd probably have fewer prisoners than several of those other countries in the charts.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

So? It's not because rrap music caused a big crime increase. It's because sentencing went mad.

Top Bottom