• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    My observations of mj users are like my observations of alcohol users. It doesn't make any of them brighter or give them better judgment, and it seems to magnify personality flaws.

I've known quite a few heavy smokers that you'd usually not be able to really even know they'd been smoking. I also know quite a few people that don't change much when they drink, other than their volume gets turned up.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I've known quite a few heavy smokers that you'd usually not be able to really even know they'd been smoking. I also know quite a few people that don't change much when they drink, other than their volume gets turned up.

Big enough sample, sure there are outliers, but that's not the way to bet.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    You will test positive for marijuana some time after using. Its not like harder drugs that are "out of your system" in 2 days or so. He could have smoked weeks prior to the incident.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You will test positive for marijuana some time after using. Its not like harder drugs that are "out of your system" in 2 days or so. He could have smoked weeks prior to the incident.

Another article referenced the report of the level of THC (from <4 hrs before death) and level of THC-metabolite (from >4 before death). Apparently there is a difference.

THC is found in marijuana. Depending on the amount and frequency that the drug is consumed, THC carboxy (the by-product of the body's metabolism of the drug) can remain in the system from about two weeks to a month.
    THC, the drug itself, remains in the body for up to four hours.
    According to the autopsy report, Martin's blood from his chest contained 1.5 ng/mL of THC. There was 7.3 ng/mL of THC-COOH (carboxy).

Last edited:

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    And he could have been smoking a Doobie on his way to get skittles. :dunno: The world will never know.

While this is an interesting fact to add to the case. It will help slightly on the Zimmerman case. As this Teen was clearly not a law abiding citizen. And the whole defense, someone lit one up in a car routine is null and void.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    The more I read some of the details of this case the more it sounds like the perfect s***storm of stupidity by both parties. There is absolutely no way this ends well for anybody.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Does it prove he was high at the time of the fight?

It gives credence to Zimmerman's observation that he was acting oddly, and some aftereffects of mj use are paranoia and panic response suggesting that Martin may have reacted irrationally. Also, it shows he wasn't a saintly little 12 year old. No one can prove he was "high" but Zimmerman doesn't have to, he just needs reasonable doubt as to his guilt to the charges. From what I read elsewhere, it sounds like that's a level you'd see 3-4 hours after smoking.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    The more I read some of the details of this case the more it sounds like the perfect s***storm of stupidity by both parties. There is absolutely no way this ends well for anybody.
    Yep! One life ended and another probably ruined.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think Zimm. is getting the shaft here, but honestly, mj in this kids system doesn't make me think this helps Zimms case. In my experience, people smoking pot go down the aggression scale. Ive never seen or heard of somebody getting high, and starting a fight. Instead it makes me think, this kid got high, and walked to the gas statiion to get some munchies, not go on a crime spree in a neighborhood. If they had found evidence of coke, meth, pcp... I could see it helping Zimms case... $.02

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I am pretty sure that should Zimmerman not be found guilty and tossed to the wolves there will be violence on the scale of that caused by the Rodney King incident. Nobody even cared that the other people in Rodney's vehicle that did what they were told to do by the police were not treated badly. Only Rodney who decided to resist arrest after leading police on a merry chase and endangering the lives of many, many people. People just wanted to see poor Rodney's rough treatment severely punished. I do not see much difference in this situation. I am anxiously waiting to see all of the evidence. I would not want to be selected to sit on that jury.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I am pretty sure that should Zimmerman not be found guilty and tossed to the wolves there will be violence on the scale of that caused by the Rodney King incident. Nobody even cared that the other people in Rodney's vehicle that did what they were told to do by the police were not treated badly. Only Rodney who decided to resist arrest after leading police on a merry chase and endangering the lives of many, many people. People just wanted to see poor Rodney's rough treatment severely punished. I do not see much difference in this situation. I am anxiously waiting to see all of the evidence. I would not want to be selected to sit on that jury.
    I'd like to sit in on the trial. It might be the only way to get the facts. NOT media facts...
    Smokin' dope sure doesn't do a lot for TM's reputation and dispells any "saintly" perceptions to a degree.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I think Zimm. is getting the shaft here, but honestly, mj in this kids system doesn't make me think this helps Zimms case. In my experience, people smoking pot go down the aggression scale. Ive never seen or heard of somebody getting high, and starting a fight. Instead it makes me think, this kid got high, and walked to the gas statiion to get some munchies, not go on a crime spree in a neighborhood. If they had found evidence of coke, meth, pcp... I could see it helping Zimms case... $.02

Every drunk or pothead I've ever met thinks it makes them smarter, wiser, and more charming. If you've never seen a pot smoker start a fight, you didn't live in my old neighborhood.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So this test shows this kid smoked pot sometime within the last month or so.

It doesn't mean he was high when this incident happened.

This is a non-story.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    So this test shows this kid smoked pot sometime within the last month or so.

It doesn't mean he was high when this incident happened.

This is a non-story.

More like the last 3-4 hours. He still had unmetabolized THC in his system and at a concentration that would be at about 3 hours after toking. The metabolites could be from the same day or with 4-5 weeks prior. We can't tell how affected he was, as there is a wide clinical variation, but it does look like he smoked within a few hours prior. We know from crime statistics that a high percentage of arrestees had marijuana in their system. That doesn't mean that marijuana caused them to commit crimes, but it also was not a preventative.

Top Bottom