Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So we're to appreciate a moral victory?

He didn't get the ginsberg's on that court to commit to anything of the sort. When the next thing comes along that seemingly violates the commerce clause or the good & plenty clause, or whatever, the left is united in their ideology and they'll concoct a reason to find it constitutional.

This was a blind sided loss, a sucker punch if you will. If roberts wanted to make a case for the commerce clause and states' rights, he could have done it by voting to over turn it too. Like every other "entitlement", this will never be simply repealed. For generations, they will work around the margins--adjusting this and tweaking that--but repeal will never happen. Even if Ron Paul, Gary Johnson Ronald Reagan, or George Washington were to miraculously become president.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So we're to appreciate a moral victory?

He didn't get the ginsberg's on that court to commit to anything of the sort. When the next thing comes along that seemingly violates the commerce clause or the good & plenty clause, or whatever, the left is united in their ideology and they'll concoct a reason to find it constitutional.

This was a blind sided loss, a sucker punch if you will. If roberts wanted to make a case for the commerce clause and states' rights, he could have done it by voting to over turn it too. Like every other "entitlement", this will never be simply repealed. For generations, they will work around the margins--adjusting this and tweaking that--but repeal will never happen. Even if Ron Paul, Gary Johnson Ronald Reagan, or George Washington were to miraculously become president.

You didn't think the republican spin doctors were going to remain silent did you?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Although he didn’t guarantee Romney a win, he certainly did more than his part and should be applauded.

And he did this without creating a civil war or having bricks thrown through his windshield. Oh, and he’ll be home in time for dinner.

Brilliant.

Vomit.

Yeah, Roberts is brilliant alright. Most wolves who wear sheep's clothing are pretty brilliant. Hip, hip, hooray for Justice Roberts. What a hero. He deserves a 1-finger salute.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :popcorn:
    Now I'm more confused then ever on what the Chief J really do.
    At first I labeled him a traitor to the constitution. After reading this I'm not sure.
    I'm still leaning to my 1st opinion of him. Seems to me (right now) that he is making sure history remembers his court as the one with the most profound rulings in US history from the Heller case to now this.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If anything good is going to come of this it's republicans getting the wool removed from over their eyes.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    :popcorn:
    Now I'm more confused then ever on what the Chief J really do.
    At first I labeled him a traitor to the constitution. After reading this I'm not sure.
    I'm still leaning to my 1st opinion of him. Seems to me (right now) that he is making sure history remembers his court as the one with the most profound rulings in US history from the Heller case to now this.

It is right wing spin. Don't fall for it. Everything is political, everything is spin. Even when you lose, you win. Well, they win. You, still lose.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I just posted in the big thread I thought Roberts was brilliant for pointing out that it is a tax and therefor out side of his jurisdiction. Damn, I am good sometimes :rockwoot:

And this be one of them:D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just posted in the big thread I thought Roberts was brilliant for pointing out that it is a tax and therefor out side of his jurisdiction. Damn, I am good sometimes :rockwoot:

And this be one of them:D

Everybody knew this was a tax. I can't see how BHO could keep a straight face when he contended it wasn't.

Top Bottom