• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    so are they doing a test run for attacking the first amendment now?

bring on the ministry of truth?

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    In the article update it says he was taken in for an interview to determine if he violated the terms of his probation. It states that as a condition of his probation for conviction of bank fraud charges, he was not permitted to use a computer with internet access, except for matters relating to work.

I'd like more information, as I just don't have enough information to make a decision on where I stand.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    So...does an individual who makes a movie critical of (let's say) Christianity get hauled in for questioning as well? I highly doubt it. This is a classic example of political correctness run amok!

Interesting response from our government...something stirs up middle east activities and "we the people" get the blame. Why don't the folks who are actually doing the rioting get the blame? This administration's response is so incredibly weak!

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    It is smoke and mirrors . The video had nothing to do with the killings of our people. Obama wants to blame it in that and not his policies. .

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Our dear leader needs to remember what he took an Oath to "preserve, protect and defend". It wasn't the hurt feelings of savages.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    So what came of it? Couldn't this be considered his work? It sounds like they are on a fishing expedition.

Where's the ACLU? I'd like to see more about this. Our government can be counted on to attempt to infringe rights. This will be a test of protections designed to blunt this type of thing. The wild card is that this guy is on probation. He may have given them what they need.

I hate what this guy did, but tough crap. I stand by his right to say whatever he wants, even if I loathe it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Our dear leader needs to remember what he took an Oath to "preserve, protect and defend". It wasn't the hurt feelings of savages.

Dear Leader? Makes me think of this guy:

799px-Kim_Il-sung.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And people mock those of us who predict the police state (a real police state) will be upon us in just a few more years.

I have come to the conclusion that those who mock us for seeing the obvious do so not because they are not capable of seeing it, but rather because they are emotionally dependent on not seeing it. Under such circumstances, they will never waver from willful obliviousness saying to themselves 'This is America. That can't happen here.' Unfortunately, they will learn the hard way that they are incorrect when if they would accept the truth and act accordingly, they could put some teeth in their faith in the impossibility of a police state. Since they are not going to do that, I suppose they will simply continue thinking happy thoughts until they arrive at the slaughterhouse with big smiles on their faces.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In the article update it says he was taken in for an interview to determine if he violated the terms of his probation. It states that as a condition of his probation for conviction of bank fraud charges, he was not permitted to use a computer with internet access, except for matters relating to work.

I'd like more information, as I just don't have enough information to make a decision on where I stand.

Yep, Im with you

So, guy is convicted of bank fraud, gets federal probation, is told not to use a computer with Internet access unless work related, then uses computer with Internet access to create dumb vid, people see vid and apparent react, govt tracks down vid creator, find out about what he's NOT supposed to be doing, and guy is then questioned at the behest of his PO...
    ....the problem is?

I can see the issue if the guy wasn't on probation and he got "scooped up," but uh, he was.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Do they usually result in roundups in the middle of the night?

qm.gif

I would say yes, in this circumstance. Read the article. Police waited until the hordes of press surrounding his home left for the night. Yet, the man still felt the need to cover his face.

A little off topic, a Coptic convicted of bank fraud.....things that make you go hmmmm.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yep, Im with you

So, guy is convicted of bank fraud, gets federal probation, is told not to use a computer with Internet access unless work related, then uses computer with Internet access to create dumb vid, people see vid and apparent react, govt tracks down vid creator, find out about what he's NOT supposed to be doing, and guy is then questioned at the behest of his PO...
    ....the problem is?

Except nobody seemed to care until the govt needs a fall guy, now all of a sudden there's this urgency to check for parole violations??

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The guy should be punished. I watched the "movie"/"trailer" and it was the most offensive thing I've ever seen. Not the subject so much but more the acting. I've seen better performances in 5th grade plays. If he is a professional film maker, he should be sent some where we'll never have to see one of his productions again. Very poor quality. The guy should be embarrassed to be associated with it.

Top Bottom