• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A package addressed to a stranger was delivered to a Beach Park, IL, home. It remain untouched where it was left for 10 minutes, when the homeowner heard a large crash from his front door being breached. He was then greeted with a gun to his face and handcuffed as he watched his home being torn apart, down to insulation being removed from the walls. Then the raiders fist-bumped each other and gave high-fives as they told him that they wouldn't be paying for the damages.

No illegal plants were found in the man's home.

Cops leave Beach Park home in shambles after drug raid goes awry

Ten minutes later, police officers with the Metropolitan Enforcement Group smashed in the front door and began ransacking the house, even pulling out insulation in the basement.

“They crashed things, they smashed things,” Brown, 58, said. “You couldn’t walk into a room because everything from the drawers was thrown around and emptied onto the floor.

“The garage door was open. They could have just walked in,” he said. “They didn’t have to crash the front door down.”

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Illinois...what else can I say? They just sit around and allow this crap to happen and then don't do anything about it. It's obvious that too many Illini are OK with this sort of activity. I don't hear many, if any, complaining. The state is a suckhole, and apparently they like it that way.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    What would have happened if this had been any one of us? I would have ran upstairs, gun in hand. Do you think they would have been understanding?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Illinois...what else can I say? They just sit around and allow this crap to happen and then don't do anything about it. It's obvious that too many Illini are OK with this sort of activity. I don't hear many, if any, complaining. The state is a suckhole, and apparently they like it that way.
    Well, those of us who've actually been paying attention, know that this is NOT an Illinois thing. This same type of crap has been pulled in other states across the nation. The same sorts of drug warriors have done the same thing in other places. This man actually got off lucky. He apparently didn't have any dogs for them to kill or children to menace. I, for one, hope he does get paid for this assault on his rights and property. I'm not going to hold my breath that anything will be done to the gang members
    who carried off this assault, though. That would be asking too much.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    All this over a little package of marijuana? Do the people of this country still think this is worth it? Don't forget to report your friends and neighbors if you see anything suspicious.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    What would have happened if this had been any one of us? I would have ran upstairs, gun in hand. Do you think they would have been understanding?

I think it likely that in a confrontation you would have been shot, many times. I don't disagree with your sentiment, but for anyone that thinks having the ability to protect yourself from the police/swat/ert when they bust your door down will result in you actually surviving the effort I think you're mistaken.

I hate to say it, bit in this scenario your best bet is to go with the flow and take action after the event. I can't see any scenario where meeting force with force (you against a swat team) is going to have a good outcome.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think it likely that in a confrontation you would have been shot, many times. I don't disagree with your sentiment, but for anyone that thinks having the ability to protect yourself from the police/swat/ert when they bust your door down will result in you actually surviving the effort I think you're mistaken.

I hate to say it, bit in this scenario your best bet is to go with the flow and take action after the event. I can't see any scenario where meeting force with force (you against a swat team) is going to have a good outcome.

Unfortunately, when you hear the crash and grab your gun to run to the sound, you may not know who it will be. In this scenario you will be dead before you know it is gang blue.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I do NOT know a lot about Ill., but I THINK, SOMEONE, would be paying ME ..... IIRC, warrants, have to have the correct info, address, etc., and have to state what is being searched for .....

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

The article was emailed to me from someone in Illinois. They are not all A-OK with the state of affairs there. And it is not an isolated event unique to their state.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Unfortunately, when you hear the crash and grab your gun to run to the sound, you may not know who it will be. In this scenario you will be dead before you know it is gang blue.

True, I suppose in the comment I originally quoted he's right, grab gun + run upstairs, then begin shouting. The first place I'm running to is where ever my kids are to make sure their safe. Tricky scenario, I'd for sure be suing someone though after it was all said and done. I don't think I'd be sitting back complaining that no one was answering the phone! I'd be pounding on doors!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

^^^^What he said^^^^

I hate our sue-happy society, but this guy and his whole family should never have to work another day in their lives.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I called someone else to ask a question about this.

Don't ever bring in a package into your house if it has the wrong name or address on it.

When they took control of the box and took it inside, the police had the green light to come on in. If they would have looked at it, and left it alone and outside, I don't think this would have happened.

That is all I can say.

Top Bottom