• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    So, after being threatened Gallup refused to change their methodologies, sticking to their guns - and released polls no matter which political party is shown to be ahead.

So, what part of this supports not trusting Gallup? :n00b:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    No, as I recall the others had Obama up, that is why he singled out Gallup to threaten to get them in line with the others.

ETA: except Rasmussen of course.

The NEXT poll they released - the one after the talk - is pretty similar to other polls, but uses the same methodology.

The one that shows Obama down they still released, after being threatened, correct?

They refused to change their methodologies when threatened, and were hit with a lawsuit right after. This story is not about Gallup caving to pressure, it is about Gallup telling them to pound sand after Axelrod attempted to bully them into changing their methodology.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I admittedly read through these quickly, but the gist I get is that the entire point of this news is that the Obama WH is using the full government's threat of force to persuade a polling organization to bend the news in its favor.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I admittedly read through these quickly, but the gist I get is that the entire point of this news is that the Obama WH is using the full government's threat of force to persuade a polling organization to bend the news in its favor.

Correct...

And Gallup would not bend to their will, so Gallup got hit with a totally unrelated lawsuit.

What confuses me is the insinuation that because of this, we should not trust Gallup... ???

Top Bottom