Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    trust-no-one.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    WHen i think of anarchists, i think of the "battle for seattle" in 1999 (protest against the WTO).... I think it was the first major protest where people used the internet to bring bring folks together in protest.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    WHen i think of anarchists, i think of the "battle for seattle" in 1999 (protest against the WTO).... I think it was the first major protest where people used the internet to bring bring folks together in protest.

Yeah, they lit fires there too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Seattle_WTO_protests

"The situation was complicated around noon, when black-clad anarchists (in a formation known as a black bloc) began smashing windows and vandalizing storefronts, beginning with Fox's Gem Shop. This produced some of the most famous and controversial images of the protests. This set off a chain-reaction of sorts, with additional protesters pushing dumpsters into the middle of intersections and lighting them on fire, deflating the tires of police vehicles,[17] non-black bloc demonstrators joining in the property destruction, and a general disruption of all commercial activity in downtown Seattle."

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Yeah, they lit fires there too. 1999 Seattle WTO protests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The situation was complicated around noon, when black-clad anarchists (in a formation known as a black bloc) began smashing windows and vandalizing storefronts, beginning with Fox's Gem Shop. This produced some of the most famous and controversial images of the protests. This set off a chain-reaction of sorts, with additional protesters pushing dumpsters into the middle of intersections and lighting them on fire, deflating the tires of police vehicles,[17] non-black bloc demonstrators joining in the property destruction, and a general disruption of all commercial activity in downtown Seattle."

Kinda like at the occupy punks of today ?
    Trust is earned not given!
    You have to trust people just not everyone ! Use caution with the 99%
    Can anyone honostly say they trust NO ONE ?
    I have a small core group I do,would and have trusted with my life
    Ya know that 1%

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Kinda like at the occupy punks of today ?
    Trust is earned not given!
    You have to trust people just not everyone ! Use caution with the 99%
    Can anyone honostly say they trust NO ONE ?
    I have a small core group I do,would and have trusted with my life
    Ya know that 1%

There are some on INGO I trust and I have never even met them

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, those guys aren't real anarchists. They were really Christian Republicans (probably Rotary Club) that did the bad stuff trying to make the real anarchists look bad.

Top Bottom