• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Act like a good Samaritan and you get slapped by the powers that be. In this case it's the DNR. I hope Officer Counceller and his wife get a good, sane jury who will tell the DNR to go straight to hell. They did the right thing. Here's also hoping that the good officer will apply his view to victimless crimes in his future dealings with citizens.

Connersville police officer and his wife face charges - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The DNR's actions don't surprise me at all. It's the same bizarre liberal elitist position you would see in the EPA.

Your typical Conservation Officer, on the other hand, usually has far more sense than to pull this kind of stuff.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The DNR's actions don't surprise me at all. It's the same bizarre liberal elitist position you would see in the EPA.

Your typical Conservation Officer, on the other hand, usually has far more sense than to pull this kind of stuff.
    Usually. In this case the CO actually recommended they get a special permit and that really brought them to the attention of the bureaucracy. If they hadn't done that, on his recommendation, they'd likely have escaped notice completely. Lesson learned? Never alert the bureaucracy to your actions. It can't work out in your favour.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    How dare they mess with the kings deer. I am outraged. They should know better.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Just wow! this is so freaking stupid! I hope there is a Lawyer that donates his time to help this couple. Absolutley ridiculous!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Usually. In this case the CO actually recommended they get a special permit and that really brought them to the attention of the bureaucracy. If they hadn't done that, on his recommendation, they'd likely have escaped notice completely. Lesson learned? Never alert the bureaucracy to your actions. It can't work out in your favour.

The stupidity tends to concentrate in the IGCS on W. Washington St.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No good deed goes unpunished.

I'm sure there is was a legitimate reason these sorts of laws were written, but hol-e-cow this cannot be one of them.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Maybe they are taking it a little far with a jury trial and all but it is a well known rule that you cannot possess wildlife without a permit. There is good reason for it too. A law broken with good intentions is still a law broken. In this case it

is not even a stupid law. That being said,a fine should have been sufficient. no need for all this wasted money and publicity.

InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011

Wow... I lost brain cells reading that. I am 100% behind these folks. Iwould have done the same thing. I can't believe we use our public monetaryresources for this crap. So what exactly constitutes “too long around humans?” Isthere a spec on this?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe they are taking it a little far with a jury trial and all but it is a well known rule that you cannot possess wildlife without a permit. There is good reason for it too. A law broken with good intentions is still a law broken. In this case it

is not even a stupid law. That being said,a fine should have been sufficient. no need for all this wasted money and publicity.

Provided the information in the article is a truthful accounting of what actually happened, I would vote 'not-guilty' if I were on that jury.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County

There is simply no "good reason" for the system doing this to these people. I think DNR should lose something like 10% of their annual funding for doing such a boneheaded thing. Typical bureaucratic response to someone trying to set a situation right.

Top Bottom