• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I thought many of you would enjoy this. Tom Woods is an awesome scholar and freedom advocate, if you haven't discovered him yet. He's providing recorded lectures and prepared PDFs as a curriculum guide for home schoolers. Grades K-5 will be offered at no charge.

Announcing the Ron Paul Homeschool Curriculum | Tom Woods

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di25p0I-Xy4"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di25p0I-Xy4[/ame]

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'd be very leery of that curriculum. It's being written by Gary North and he is not a nice person, in any way, shape or form. He's a dominionist of the worst stripe and makes the Taliban look tame, by comparison. This is looking more and more like another case of Ron not choosing who he associates with in a fitting manner. I'd certainly take a "wait a long time and see" stance on this. Woods and Paul are alright guys. North is a lunatic. If they can manage to keep North's lunacy at bay, it may be a good program, (it certainly looks good on paper).

Gary North: The ‘Paleo-Libertarian’ Taliban Writing Ron Paul’s Curriculum | The Skeptical Libertarian

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Ron Paul is not a man, he's an idea. A great idea.

I'll check into this because it's about all I've got left to change in my life.... my children's conditioning in a federally ran institution. All other curriculum seem to be exactly the same as what the teachers are gritting their teeth against yet seem to be teaching my children.

Thank you!

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I'd be very leery of that curriculum. It's being written by Gary North and he is not a nice person, in any way, shape or form. He's a dominionist of the worst stripe and makes the Taliban look tame, by comparison. This is looking more and more like another case of Ron not choosing who he associates with in a fitting manner. I'd certainly take a "wait a long time and see" stance on this. Woods and Paul are alright guys. North is a lunatic. If they can manage to keep North's lunacy at bay, it may be a good program, (it certainly looks good on paper).

Gary North: The ‘Paleo-Libertarian’ Taliban Writing Ron Paul’s Curriculum | The Skeptical Libertarian

Don't forget Holocaust denier. I'm sorry libertarians, but the Mises guys are a sad lot. Woods, Paul, Rockwell, North...Don't forget Wood's writings for the Southern Partisan and The League of the South. Bad news, the whole lot.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Is there hope for education that I can freely give my children other than pulling them out of school buying a farm, teaching them the land and real life?

I haven't done homeschooling because all the programs are Fed induced.

What can I do?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'd really like to see some examples of what you feel is bad behavior on Thomas Woods' part. I've read several of his books. Is some of what he states politically incorrect? Yes, yes it is. But it's also well-research historical fact.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I haven't done homeschooling because all the programs are Fed induced.

What can I do?

What the hell are you talking about? Fed induced?

Ram, Paul mentioned this in his speech Saturday night at the homeschool convention. Eventually he wants a full K-12 program.

Edit: Paul and Co. have some serious competition. There are some very, very, good/great curricula options available to homeschoolers. And history is certainly not lacking in choices. In fact, it's probably offered on a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio to every other subject with the exception of language arts combined. After reading the material in the link, I think they'll find that it is not going to appeal to HSers as much as they assume. History is not generally a subject done every day by homeschoolers. And daily lectures will be a big turn-off, particularly for the lower grades. I wish them well, but it will have to be more than Ron Paul's name if they want success.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom