• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    I sit here reading these posts alot of you are putting up and i am just beside myself. most of you from what i have gathered have never even faced a terrorist down in any form other than on call of duty. Boston was not in a police state. there is no conspiracy. and as far as the warantless searches go you would rather we just let these guys walk off after committing a terrosrist action? do you even love this country or are you so enamoured with your tin foil theroys that you are unable to see past your hate for the political party that isnt yours? the national gaurd was used as an outer cordon. the humvees were used by police, and why not use the national gaurd in operations as this? isnt this what they are for? the police have this guy in a nieghbor hood and need to go house to house to clear each one and try and capture this piece of **** that attacked all of us. but in your world we wouldnt do that because they might what see your sink fullof dirty dishes or that your sitting in your moms basement in three week old underwear? they werent searching the homes for anything other than this guy. and i havent heard one resident of boston say they were arrested from any of these searches. this isnt cold war russia we are fighting. we are in a dynamic fight that unfortunately has come to our doorsteps. so all you internet rambos its time to put on your big boy pants and come to the real world.

As far his miranda rights go, they invoked the public safety clause, wich is only good for 48 hours, so by now it has expired. they can declare him an enemy combatant, wich they should, and then question him after he is of able body. if he doesnt talk or confess we still have an overwhelming amount of evidence, including a marathon runner who looked this punk in the face as he was setting a bomb at his feet.

i can appriciate a cuatiousness but sometimes you guys take things way too far. unless your planning on setting off bombs in the us i dont think you will ever be subject this treatment.

DBAP

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The Fourth Amendment doesn't go away just because it's inconvenient. If it doesn't apply to everyone, all the time, then it applies to no one, ever. You can also easily make your point without the superiority complex.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I sit here reading these posts alot of you are putting up and i am just beside myself. most of you from what i have gathered have never even faced a terrorist down in any form other than on call of duty. Boston was not in a police state. there is no conspiracy. and as far as the warantless searches go you would rather we just let these guys walk off after committing a terrosrist action? do you even love this country or are you so enamoured with your tin foil theroys that you are unable to see past your hate for the political party that isnt yours? the national gaurd was used as an outer cordon. the humvees were used by police, and why not use the national gaurd in operations as this? isnt this what they are for? the police have this guy in a nieghbor hood and need to go house to house to clear each one and try and capture this piece of **** that attacked all of us. but in your world we wouldnt do that because they might what see your sink fullof dirty dishes or that your sitting in your moms basement in three week old underwear? they werent searching the homes for anything other than this guy. and i havent heard one resident of boston say they were arrested from any of these searches. this isnt cold war russia we are fighting. we are in a dynamic fight that unfortunately has come to our doorsteps. so all you internet rambos its time to put on your big boy pants and come to the real world.

As far his miranda rights go, they invoked the public safety clause, wich is only good for 48 hours, so by now it has expired. they can declare him an enemy combatant, wich they should, and then question him after he is of able body. if he doesnt talk or confess we still have an overwhelming amount of evidence, including a marathon runner who looked this punk in the face as he was setting a bomb at his feet.

i can appriciate a cuatiousness but sometimes you guys take things way too far. unless your planning on setting off bombs in the us i dont think you will ever be subject this treatment.

DBAP

A few here think that a change in trade policy, lower taxes, and closing down the local library will eliminate domestic terrorism, some of us think its dudes with guns...to each his own.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I sit here reading these posts alot of you are putting up and i am just beside myself.
    Why let it get you that worked up...? It is, after all, just a discussion forum. It wouldn't be any fun if we all thought exactly as you do.

most of you from what i have gathered have never even faced a terrorist down in any form other than on call of duty.
    So we're not allowed opinions and our own personal views?

as far as the warantless searches go you would rather we just let these guys walk off after committing a terrosrist action?
    What's the point of having the 4th Amendment protection against warrant-less searches and seizures if we're just going to ignore it? I don't care what the reason is for the search - no warrant = no search imho.

do you even love this country
    Of course I love this country, which is why I feel that our laws and constitutional rights should be protected regardless of the reason for trying to circumvent them.

or are you so enamoured with your tin foil theroys that you are unable to see past your hate for the political party that isnt yours?
    My views against warrant-less search and seizure have nothing to do with any political party or conspiracy theories.

the national gaurd was used as an outer cordon. the humvees were used by police, and why not use the national gaurd in operations as this? isnt this what they are for? the police have this guy in a nieghbor hood and need to go house to house to clear each one and try and capture this piece of **** that attacked all of us.
    If the home owner consents - then you search. If they do not consent, then you get a warrant signed by a judge. I'm not sure why this basic freedom against warrant-less searches has you so riled up? We have that right, and choose to exercise that right - why are you so upset?

but in your world we wouldnt do that because they might what see your sink fullof dirty dishes or that your sitting in your moms basement in three week old underwear? they werent searching the homes for anything other than this guy.
    I don't care what they may or may not see. I have nothing to hide but that doesn't mean I'll let anybody who wants to come in and look around, to do so. I certainly wouldn't let you in my house to look around without some sort of valid reason [like, a warrant].

and i havent heard one resident of boston say they were arrested from any of these searches.
    The 4th Amendment isn't so you can keep your illegal activities secret, but simply to protect your right to privacy and your home from invasion from the government/law enforcement without a good reason [i.e. something that would result in a warrant.]

this isnt cold war russia we are fighting. we are in a dynamic fight that unfortunately has come to our doorsteps. so all you internet rambos its time to put on your big boy pants and come to the real world.
    The real world where rights in the United States have been eroded to the point that people like you would sooner give them up in the name of 'safety'?

I'll end with "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." You should know who said this and, if not, it's easily found. Let's just say it's a founding father.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!

DBAP

Eric Holder is that you?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Some of us were in the "war on terror" when you were probably ****ting in your diapers.
    In case you didn't know this, TERRORISM DIDN'T START ON 9/11.

So, let me see.
    Before 9/11 we handled terrorism, not always well, but handled.
    Why different rules????

A violation of someone's rights, is a violation of EVERYONE'S rights.
    If they can do it to someone else, they can do it to you.

And the bad guy, suspect, whatever you call him..... he was found because of good old fashioned police work. Not because they stormed someone's house.

How about this. We have a murderer in your town. We don't know where. But we're gonna search each and every home till we find him.
    WHY NOT?
    We're just sitting in our Mom and Dad's basement.

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    hmm if my Condescension offends you, im not sorry.

i havent heard one person in this nieghborhood say they didnt give consent or complain

about how this was handled, so why are you here in indiana lambasting the LEO's over

how they handled this?

i'm not saying we need to give up our rights under the constitution i almost died

defending. im saying that this isnt your cold war you still think we are fighting. we are

in a fight that involves an enemy that has no problem attcking our women and children

in a public place in order to accomplish their mission.

and what i have gathered is intstead of doing things they way they did, they should have

went to a judge got a warrant for every house in this two square mile area then

performed the cordon and search operation?

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    unless your planning on setting off bombs in the us i dont think you will ever be subject this treatment.

But the homeowners were not the ones who set off the bombs were they?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I don't think anybody is genuinely affected, but it does make you look like an a**hat. If you want to come across as an a**hat, that's your prerogative.

i havent heard one person in this nieghborhood say they didnt give consent or complain
    You would know, of course, if anybody chose not to consent and was then forced? You were there and, as such, have irrefutable evidence of this?

about how this was handled, so why are you here in indiana lambasting the LEO's over how they handled this?
    Again, we're not allowed to have our own personal opinions and to discuss said opinions on the internet? Must we ask you permission before exercising our 1st Amendment rights?

i'm not saying we need to give up our rights under the constitution i almost died defending. im saying that this isnt your cold war you still think we are fighting. we are in a fight that involves an enemy that has no problem attcking our women and children in a public place in order to accomplish their mission.
    Sure sounds to me like you're advocating a temporary sense of safety over permanent rights.

and what i have gathered is intstead of doing things they way they did, they should have went to a judge got a warrant for every house in this two square mile area then performed the cordon and search operation?
    I never said they should have gotten a warrant for every house - they certainly do not need one where the residents consent to the search. In any instance where consent was not given a search warrant should have been obtained.

I do not know if they forced anybody into a search without a warrant, I have no evidence to back up this did or did not happen.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    DocEd said:
    and as far as the warantless searches go you would rather...

i'm not saying we need to give up our rights under the constitution i almost died

what i have gathered is intstead of doing things they way they did, they should have went to a judge got a warrant for every house in this two square mile area then performed the cordon and search operation?

So, you're saying it, and then not saying it and then you are saying it again? Make up your mind. Either you're OK with ignoring the 4th Amendment when it gets in the way or you're not.

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    As far as past service to this country goes, im not going to touch that out of respect, but i ask that you show me the same respect in mine.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    most of you from what i have gathered have never even faced a terrorist down in any form other than on call of duty.

but in your world we wouldnt do that because they might what see your sink fullof dirty dishes or that your sitting in your moms basement in three week old underwear?

so all you internet rambos its time to put on your big boy pants and come to the real world.

As far as past service to this country goes, im not going to touch that out of respect, but i ask that you show me the same respect in mine.

Thank you for your service. Your insults are unnecessary.

Top Bottom