• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just one more reason to never step foot in California. What an unbelievable story.
    Happens in plenty of other states, too. Bet similar cases have happened right here in Indiana. CPS has carte blanche to do what what they want to anyone they want and the cops will be there to back them up. While some times a child might need to be removed, cases like this show that the system does fail spectacularly.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Doesn't sound like "allow" had any place in the story. The officers let themselves in and took the child.

Some parents might grab an item other than a video camera.

Just curious where folks here draw the line. I honestly do not have a good answer, myself.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This happens so often, I had to check to see if this was a duplicate thread. Sadly it isn't, just another family being terrorized in the same way. Families that hesitate the drugging of their children are being regularly broken up by the state. Then the family has to spend a fortune to fight the system to get their baby back.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Just curious where folks here draw the line. I honestly do not have a good answer, myself.

Well, that would be a sure way to lose your child and/or end up dead.

I would say this is definitely a time to wait and fight it out in court.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, that would be a sure way to lose your child and/or end up dead.

I would say this is definitely a time to wait and fight it out in court.
    Beating CPS in court is almost a suckers bet. It doesn't happen very often, because the courts side with them almost exclusively. I'd have to take my chances with the SWAT Team.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

I agree, no good answer.

The first thing I thought of was someone would have a fight on their hands right then and there. But then again. . . . . a no win situation.

‘I’m Going to Grab Your Baby, and Don’t Resist’: Cops Barge Into Cali. Parents’ Home, Take Their Baby After They Seek 2nd Medical Opinion — And It’s on Video | Video | TheBlaze.com

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Another example of a government that has grown far too powerful. If they can forcefully steal your child under threat of bodily harm, whenever they want, without due process, parents having done nothing wrong, is that not a dictatorship?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Another example of a government that has grown far too powerful. If they can forcefully steal your child under threat of bodily harm, whenever they want, without due process, parents having done nothing wrong, is that not a dictatorship?
    Yep, it is, but it's one that a majority of people are in favour of. It's "for the children" and tyranny enablers on both sides of the aisle support it in the name of "law and order". Even if its enforcers disagreed with it, they'd still steal your kids if their masters ordered them to.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This happens so often, I had to check to see if this was a duplicate thread. Sadly it isn't, just another family being terrorized in the same way. Families that hesitate the drugging of their children are being regularly broken up by the state. Then the family has to spend a fortune to fight the system to get their baby back.

I had the same thought until I saw the poster. Then I thought it might be a necro thread resurrected for an update. California is bad, but it's happening all over. Lower courts are continually ruling in favor of everybody but the parents. To date, SCOTUS has saw fit to acknowledge parental rights, but I fear that time is ending soon.

My question is, where is the court order? I know in a lot of places they CPS doesn't need one. But that is just plain wrong.

I'm not sure CPS doesn't ever need one. Do you have specifics for a state that gives them the authority without a warrant? I know that they can't enter the property without a warrant. They are agents of the state, just like LE and subject to the same restrictions. If they can't enter the property, surely they are limited on their authority to seize property, particularly a child.

This is frightening.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This is so infuriating. Police arrived at the Nikolayev home to seize the child. Officers accosted the father outside the home and pushed him against a wall, then threw him to the ground and stole his keys from his pocket. The mother, inside the home, set up a video camera. Moments later, police barged in the door, without a warrant, and told Anna that they were taking her baby boy away from her. She suffered through the agonizing experience of having armed men snatch her infant from her arms. They say they feel like they are back in the communist country they fled from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrtQaxzjv0Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzGAEi5cTGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WW24BfQc8w

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Sacramento couple fights to get their baby boy back from authorities | news10.net

31018_10151465545505000_172840656_n.jpg

Top Bottom