• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If you'd like to pay more for food and clothing be my guest. Monsanto's genetics and chemical engineering are what allow for the largest yields in history to feed a growing population cheaply. Also, they aren't the only company that does any of this. They're just convenient for people to bash. Plenty of other companies doing things like this. DuPont, for example.

Growing a garden is always an option. Maybe get together with like minded individuals and start your own nice little collective. Monsanto isn't out to hurt you, they're a company that gives consumers what they ask for. It would be bad for stock prices if people started dieing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    If you'd like to pay more for food and clothing be my guest. Monsanto's genetics and chemical engineering are what allow for the largest yields in history to feed a growing population cheaply. Also, they aren't the only company that does any of this. They're just convenient for people to bash. Plenty of other companies doing things like this. DuPont, for example.

Growing a garden is always an option. Maybe get together with like minded individuals and start your own nice little collective. Monsanto isn't out to hurt you, they're a company that gives consumers what they ask for. It would be bad for stock prices if people started dieing.

Wheat has been modified since the 1960's to the point it is unhealthy for people and animals to eat. It is making us sick. Sometime less is more healthy.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    And yet the average life expectancy keeps going up...:dunno: How can this be?

Because medical technology keeps finding ways to keep us alive, in spite of our best efforts.:dunno:

When I was a wee lad, I had an Aunt who had cancer. Today, I know at least a dozen people who have or have had cancer. I'm not saying it's any persons or corporations fault, it's just how it is. The technological advancements that make life easier and cheaper tend to have harmful side effects. Today, 1 in 4 women will develop breast cancer, 1 in 6 men will develop prostate cancer. There is no way that this is not caused by environmental factors.

From the food we eat, to the amount of plastics we come in contact with, it just all adds up and none of it's good. You can minimize the risks, but can't eliminate them.

The scarier thing to me is that these genetically modified crops will one day meet a parasite that wipes out large percentages of the whole nations crops. There is so little diversity left in the genepool of our food crops that one bad bug could do tremendous damage. Think of the global consequences to an American crop failure. Think of someone developing a bug to do it. That's real bio-warfare. Think of how much $$$ could be made if you had the cure.:dunno:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    And yet the average life expectancy keeps going up...:dunno: How can this be?

Source?

Seems to be declining in some areas.

And let's keep in mind that modern medical interventions have improved, especially in child birth. Average life expectancy isn't a great indicator. Obesity, diabetes and cancer are all skyrocketing. Why?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Source?

Seems to be declining in some areas.

And let's keep in mind that modern medical interventions have improved, especially in child birth. Average life expectancy isn't a great indicator. Obesity, diabetes and cancer are all skyrocketing. Why?

Yeah, longevity is not an indicator of health.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville

So a company that just got an exemption from congress that allows them to not got sued by anyone if their food product makes you sick is not out to hurt you? I get that, people dont make products that kill customers, because then the customers dont return, BUT, these GMO's have been shown to have long term effects, many effects that are very bad, even Monsanto doesnt serve their own products in the cafeteria's at their offices. Its alot like Coke. If you drink lots of coke everyday, its will destroy your body. a coke here and there is no biggie. we all know this. but when a company gets special legislation passed to never get sued, i'm sorry but something is very wrong there.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Saccharin, DDT, Agent Orange, PCB's, Aspartame... Foods for us with Insecticide ready genes.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto

I don't understand why then they wont serve GMO's in their own cafeteria.
    http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/news/Blogs/makingwaves/eat-it-up-monsanto/blog/39002/

Sounds Innocent enough right?!

19 Studies Link GMOs to Organ Disruption —
    GMOs Linked to Organ Disruption in 19 Studies | Institute for Responsible Technology |
    Monsanto’s herbicide causing Sudden Death Syndrome in plants
    This Could Threaten the Future of Food Destroying the Entire Food Chain
    Doctors Warn – Avoid Genetically Modified Food
    Doctors Warn: Avoid Genetically Modified Food
    GM Crops Decimating Monarch Butterflie*s Habitats
    GM crops decimating monarch butterflies habitat
    Monsanto tried to block Austrian government research linking GMOs & Infertility
    Monsanto Tried to Block Austrian Government Funded Research Showing GE Corn Causes Infertility
    Syngenta corporation faces criminal charges for covering up livestock deaths from GM corn
    Syngenta corporation faces criminal charges for covering up livestock deaths from GM corn
    GMOs failing across America – Farmer to Farmer film reveals disastrous failure
    GMOs failing across America - Farmer to Farmer film reveals disastrous failure

And then the Monsanto Protection Act... Why would they need that?!

Ahhh. What does it matter? Go back to sleep guys! If the history and facts were punches you'd be missing half your faces by now.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    The scarier thing to me is that these genetically modified crops will one day meet a parasite that wipes out large percentages of the whole nations crops. There is so little diversity left in the genepool of our food crops that one bad bug could do tremendous damage. Think of the global consequences to an American crop failure. Think of someone developing a bug to do it. That's real bio-warfare. Think of how much $$$ could be made if you had the cure.:dunno:

You make it sound like all farmers across America are planting the same strain of corn/wheat/beans ect...

Just because they all share a genetic trait doesn't make them the same strain. They are just as varied as any other strains that don't have the Roundup Ready genes.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    So a company that just got an exemption from congress that allows them to not got sued by anyone if their food product makes you sick is not out to hurt you?

You think that wanting indemnification from causing harm is evidence that they are deliberately trying to cause harm?

How do you make that leap of logic?

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Saccharin, DDT, Agent Orange, PCB's, Aspartame... Foods for us with Insecticide ready genes.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/news/Blogs/makingwaves/eat-it-up-monsanto/blog/39002/

GMOs Linked to Organ Disruption in 19 Studies | Institute for Responsible Technology |
    Monsanto Tried to Block Austrian Government Funded Research Showing GE Corn Causes Infertility

Ahhh. What does it matter? Go back to sleep guys! If the history and facts were punches you'd be missing half your faces by now.

And yet we are on average living longer, again how can this be? I'm still waiting for an answer to that question.

WoodenMetal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    NE

I believe you. I've seen firsthand what happens over time when you eat the food in my family members. It destroys your body slowly and it ends up attacking itself. Your quality of life is more important then the length. What good is it to live to 90 if you can't do anything from constant severe pain, constant diarrhea, and limiting your food options making it impossible to eat certain things. Over time it brings on severe allergic reactions to certain food items.
    The reason they want you to be sick (but not dead!) is because you pay into the system longer! You have to go to the doctor all the time and get medicine or surgery or treatments. It's a way of milking all the money out of you. You are not dead, just very sick. All the time.
    Some people don't react as much to it. Others it takes longer. But eventually it will get everyone in the end with increased medical bills and higher rates of cancer. The body simply can't adapt that quickly to a change in the food source, it takes generations for it to adapt.

Top Bottom