• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I feel we should bwo to the will of the legislature there and do what they say. They're on the right track. Quit fighting them and just get the wording of the bill correct.

Chicago's Mayor is correct! I've been thinking about what he and Mad Gan want. CCW's SHOULD have more training than the police like he and she want!
    Since they'll have more training, the city and state should and MUST, pay for the training and give all CCW's Police Power they can exercise when they feel the need just like the PD there does. It's a win-win for everybody. Citizens get their Shall Issue, and the LEO's get more support and back-up like 47 other states have. Permits will be free like the regular PD.
    For instance, I'm an unlisted 'special' deputy in 4 different towns/cities when an officer calls for assistance. I don't see any downside there if the CCW is at least given the ability to choose which assists he or she gives.
    Share and make sure Chicago/Illinois get the solution. The new bill could be hammered out by Monday and only take 3-4 pages, and Enacted by Wednesday.

TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    second amendment is no bar to a much higher level of mandatory training than there exists anywhere.

when you match up the concept of rkba with "well regulated militia" then you could have some major requirements out there which would cut lawful ownership down to the bone.

for example. what if everybody had to do a basic rifle qualifier once a year like used to have to shoot for DCM guns? that is precisely "militia training" more so than anything else I could imagine.

likewise I think you could effectuate a constitutional handgun ban faster than any phony socalled "assault" rifle ban, since handguns are inherently defense and therefore mostly superfluous to militia use; whereas semiauto rifles are most suitable for militia use.

US v Miller used that rationale to justify the NFA.

right now the political organization of NRA and company is what keeps things headed in the right direction. not just the formula of the second amendment. if the antis had the power they would ignore that in a second.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    How many IL counties would it take to band together, break away and form their own state?? Let Chicago continue to sink deeper in it's own crap without dragging down the rest of the state.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I feel we should bwo to the will of the legislature there and do what they say. They're on the right track. Quit fighting them and just get the wording of the bill correct.

Chicago's Mayor is correct! I've been thinking about what he and Mad Gan want. CCW's SHOULD have more training than the police like he and she want!
    Since they'll have more training, the city and state should and MUST, pay for the training and give all CCW's Police Power they can exercise when they feel the need just like the PD there does. It's a win-win for everybody. Citizens get their Shall Issue, and the LEO's get more support and back-up like 47 other states have. Permits will be free like the regular PD.
    For instance, I'm an unlisted 'special' deputy in 4 different towns/cities when an officer calls for assistance. I don't see any downside there if the CCW is at least given the ability to choose which assists he or she gives.
    Share and make sure Chicago/Illinois get the solution. The new bill could be hammered out by Monday and only take 3-4 pages, and Enacted by Wednesday.
    Lousy idea- as soon as they request a tax increase and don't get it, training funds disapear,so does your 2nd amendment rights. Illinois hasn't had these laws by accident all these years,they REALLY don't trust their citizens!

Top Bottom