• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And Bill Frist won the straw poll four years ago there. How did that Frist campaign go?:D

More of the same from the republicans

How is this "more of the same"? You mean the straw poll? They had a meaningless vote, a poll of the activists there, it is what they do.

Ron Paul lost by a single vote. I thought that would make INGO happy.:dunno:

jayincville

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    And Bill Frist won the straw poll four years ago there. How did that Frist campaign go?:D

How is this "more of the same"? You mean the straw poll? They had a meaningless vote, a poll of the activists there, it is what they do.

Ron Paul lost by a single vote. I thought that would make INGO happy.:dunno:
    sw

Mitt Romney = a joke....
    We need some new blood that represents true American values, the Constitution, and American Libertarianism. Freedom is American, the last bastion of freedom in the world. Mitt represents the GOP not true Americanism

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Romney is not electable. He represents much of what is wrong with the GOP despite what he claims to represent. He's part of the government machine, no different than Bush, Clinton, or Bush.

Ron Paul came in 2nd place, only 1 vote behind Romney. Much as I like Paul, he is also unelectable.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Romney is not electable. He represents much of what is wrong with the GOP despite what he claims to represent. He's part of the government machine, no different than Bush, Clinton, or Bush.

Ron Paul came in 2nd place, only 1 vote behind Romney. Much as I like Paul, he is also unelectable.

Yep pretty much, although unelectable might be a harsh word if Obama's ratings continue to drop until 2012. I don't think Obama was really electable except for the intense hate for G.W.B.

Indiana Feller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Interesting times indeed. I hope the R party gets a clue in the primaries and in Nov. when their pics like coats get sent packing.

I like Paul/ I disagree with his view of military/ foreign relations. We can't just pull everything in all at once. I believe some foreign bases/ relations are beneficial to us and the world. It will be interesting to see what happens.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    They can say what they want in their little poll, but the only way the Republicans get MY vote is with Ron Paul (or very, very similar). The Dems will never get my vote.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I'm tired of the Republicans recirculating the same candidates. I want someone new with some spunk. I'd take the MS governor, our own governor, Mike Pence...... Someone new!!!!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Mitt is just like Coats, the candidates of big money. Whe the party goes country club it loses.:rolleyes:

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I think Mitt is a good candidate whom cannot win the big one (president) due to his religious background (mormon) and a hint of liberalism!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Gag! What is the aversion the Republican Party has to conservatives? Why the heck do they keep running Democrats? Or, at least, what candidates who would have fit in with what the Dems used to be before they went far left.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sorry but if you're referring to Lincoln, he was a tyrant to.

You know what, I didn't take my intelligent pill today. When I looked at the painting, I identified each one, but didn't realize that was Lincoln. I thought it was one of those forward-looking paintings that was depicting the future of the party. So, never mind; however, I could take a little from each one, including Lincoln and create a great President.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business

The Republicans have two choices: Ron Paul and Rand Paul. Both are electable if the Republicans would get off their love for neocons.

If the Republicans nominate Romney, I'll pull the lever for Obama to keep teaching them the lesson.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The Republicans have two choices: Ron Paul and Rand Paul. Both are electable if the Republicans would get off their love for neocons.

If the Republicans nominate Romney, I'll pull the lever for Obama to keep teaching them the lesson.

And if either are the candidate, I'll write in my son, to teach them the lesson. Ron Paul's followers are as intolerant as Obama's, they pay lip service to the Constitution but only wish to allow those who agree with them to be heard. Just like Obama's. Ron Paul is unwilling to defend this nation, just like Obama. We'd just replace one wanna be messiah and his disciples with another.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    I will vote third party again if he wins.

And he or someone like him will win the republican nomination because the republican party has been bought out at the national level.

Too many conservatives are too foolish to realize they are being guided by FAUX NEWS which is owned and controlled by Rupert Murdoch who is also the guy who threw Hilary Clinton her biggest campaign fund raiser.

The conservatives do what ever Oreally and Beckwad tell them. They say they are conservatives, complain about liberals but in the end tell you to vote for GW Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney.

What do we get for compromising for the electable canidate? We get americans mad at conservatives and the dems take back the house and senate in 08. That is what we got.

Why what did our conservative GW Bush and senator John Mcain and other Rhinos give us?

Unconstitutional wars, unconstitutional campaign finance reform, unconstitutional national education mandates (no child left behind), unconstitutional patriot act which takes away basic rights to a trial, no search or confiscation of property with out a trial or even warrant, unconstitutional social spending program of prescription medicine, and of course the unconstitutional bailout in October 2008.

and on and on and on...

NO MORE COMPROMISE ON THE CONSTITUTION!

Last edited:

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    And if either are the candidate, I'll write in my son, to teach them the lesson. Ron Paul's followers are as intolerant as Obama's, they pay lip service to the Constitution but only wish to allow those who agree with them to be heard. Just like Obama's. Ron Paul is unwilling to defend this nation, just like Obama. We'd just replace one wanna be messiah and his disciples with another.

When the GOP gets off their love of big government, I might consider voting for one of them. We are the nation's defense. We are the militia. This is most of the defense we need. It's time for the Republicans to scale back the biggest of big government programs. We don't need Predator drones killing families in their houses in Pakistan. We don't need bases in over 100 countries. We don't need bases in countries where the wars ended 60 years ago.

Cut the military by 50%, or more, and let's start to get these budgets under control.

I will not vote for any Republican who does not vow to reduce the size of the military - simple as that.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Wake up America

The one this nation needs defended from are the enemies within and that is just what Ron Paul is trying to do.

I am in favor of having the best national defense in the world and using it without restraint against any nation that would attack us.

But I am against having our military spread all over the world trying to play policemen when we don't have the right to do that, nor is it wanted, nor is it to our tactical advantage, nor is it logistically feasible, and on top of that ..... we are broke and don't have the money.

I would like to see all foreign troops brought home stationed in the US and especially along our southern boarder.

We mind our own business and if we are attacked we go obliterate the enemy and anyone who helped them (states who knowing harbored said terrorists)

But we don't obliterate anyone. We don't use the full force of our military might because we are playing politics not fighting a war. We are using the supposed "war on terror" for political points to keep americans afraid and from realizing that they are being spent into eternal debt to China and their civil liberties are being robbed from them one by one.

Top Bottom