• Total voters

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Dude.....seriously.....:noway:

"Oh I don't have any comments, I just want to troll and cause a fight between members on here or start some good ole' cop hatin" :rolleyes:

IBTL

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Dude.....seriously.....:noway:

"Oh I don't have any comments, I just want to troll and cause a fight between members on here or start some good ole' cop hatin" :rolleyes:

IBTL

Dude, whatever. Posting news links is not insulting, degrading or "trolling."

This thread expands awareness of the government in action. Observing and discussing the actions of the government is the basic stuff of free speech, public oversight and an informed public.

Are you really saying that Seattle's Channel 7 nightly newscast is a troll?

Come on.

Why don't you just say that certain governmental employees can act however they want, and nobody can observe them, discuss them or criticize them?

You've got a very low bar for "trollling."

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    A real man will fight a grown man who isnt restrained or laying face down on the ground.

The cops' actions are more than slightly B*tch a*sed.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    22 years a cop here myself. The cops here are wrong.

^^^^^^^^
    This gives integrity to the profession.

[EDIT] One question: there are a lot of these videos floating around. Not pointing fingers, but how come we never see another cop on the scene scold and restrain the cop who attacks the defenseless person? When I see that guy, that's who I want for Sheriff.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    ^^^^^^^^
    This gives integrity to the profession.

[EDIT] One question: there are a lot of these videos floating around. Not pointing fingers, but how come we never see another cop on the scene scold and restrain the cop who attacks the defenseless person? When I see that guy, that's who I want for Sheriff.

Because nobody posts a video when the cops do it right. Nothing salacious about that. So one out of 100 times a cop screws up, that is news, the other 99, they are just doing their job.

If these two officers were working for me they would probably get a few days off without pay and have to go thru some retraining. The prosecutor might have a bit more for them to deal with also.

I don't have any problems calling a cop out for abuse of authority. Since retiring I have had a few young bucks step off the reservation with me, I call them on it immediately. Otherwise I just keep my mouth shut and take what is coming to me.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    This cop was completely in the wrong for stomping on this guy's foot. The racist comment and threat of violence was also obviously wrong. I don't really see any defense on this one. I don't think this is representative of police behavior generally, however.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If these two officers were working for me they would probably get a few days off without pay and have to go thru some retraining. The prosecutor might have a bit more for them to deal with also.

Yowza. I'm not a cop or anything, but if my boss saw me talking to someone like that, I'd be fired at the speed of light.

Did you see that guy's face? They ground him into the sidewalk and cussed him out. And he was just minding his own business.

I'm sorry, if you can't be a professional, then go flip some burgers. There are so many people out there looking for jobs that there should be no tolerance for boneheads like this. Next applicant please.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009

Yowza. I'm not a cop or anything, but if my boss saw me talking to someone like that, I'd be fired at the speed of light.

Did you see that guy's face? They ground him into the sidewalk and cussed him out. And he was just minding his own business.

I'm sorry, if you can't be a professional, then go flip some burgers. There are so many people out there looking for jobs that there should be no tolerance for boneheads like this. Next applicant please.

Union + Government = Untouchable

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009

Why do people feel the need to interpret everything I say in the most one-dimensional way possible? It is far more difficult for a policeman to be convicted of the same crime than a member of the general population, that's what I'm asserting. I don't mean that no cop has ever been convicted of a crime. Clearly that isn't true, and no one thinks that.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Why do people feel the need to interpret everything I say in the most one-dimensional way possible?

Im bored and cant fall asleep.:D

Theres not much more than one-dimension on the interweb.

You posted

Union+gubment=untouchable.

Which is not true.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    While the cops may have been wrong, for those of you who are unaware there have been many local attacks on police in Seattle. The local gang populous has outright declared war on the SPD, and the local government sort of has there fingers in there ears about it all.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Union + Government = Untouchable

Also, you say:
    "Why do people feel the need to interpret everything I say in the most one-dimensional way possible? It is far more difficult for a policeman to be convicted of the same crime than a member of the general population, that's what I'm asserting. I don't mean that no cop has ever been convicted of a crime. Clearly that isn't true, and no one thinks that."

Then why did you say it if you did not mean it? You said that they were untouchable so Indymonkey took nothing out of context. Yes, police are harder to convict but from what I have seen it has nothing to do with a union as usually many cops keep their stories together. Also, not many prosecutors and mayors want to see their police force in court as it kills their credibility. You made a statement that has no other way of being taken and is at best ridiculous.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Why do people feel the need to interpret everything I say in the most one-dimensional way possible? It is far more difficult for a policeman to be convicted of the same crime than a member of the general population, that's what I'm asserting. I don't mean that no cop has ever been convicted of a crime. Clearly that isn't true, and no one thinks that.

Simply not true. I speak with the combined experience of being a former LEO who was the equivalent of a shop steward in our collective bargaining unit and now a current lawyer who has successfully defended police officers from criminal charges.

When a cop gets charged with a crime the whole system turns against them.

They get roasted by the media. The newspaper will publish every little disclipinary incident that they have ever been involved in and whip the public into a frenzy over why such a "bad cop" is still on the streets.

Everybody is afraid of showing favoritism so nobody will give them a break. They get worse offers on plea bargains than other criminals who commit the same offenses.

Add to that when a cop gets arrested they are typically suspended without pay. Imagine losing your job at the same time you need to pay a lawyer to defend you.

If anything cops are far more vulnerable to the system that they work for than the average citizen.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    He about that former police chief that they interviewed... He was wearing a suit coat AND SHORTS.... like he thought his legs wouldn't appear on video, but OOPS, there's over-white old man legs.

HILARIOUS!

Top Bottom