• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Seriously, why does anyone watch these addresses? I can always manage to find anything else, rather than watch him (or Bush, Clinton or Daddy Bush or Reagan when they were in power) yammer on.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Seriously, why does anyone watch these addresses? I can always manage to find anything else, rather than watch him (or Bush, Clinton or Daddy Bush or Reagan when they were in power) yammer on.

I've never watched a single one. I probably never will.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    out west where we have more oil than the whole middle east all put together. but all the hippie tree huggers freak out and prevent us from using it.

Out west? On who's property?

Perhaps the hippies own the land. I wouldnt let anyone drill on my land either, no matter how much of it I had.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    ANWR in Alaska, the Colorado area has more oil in oil shale than Saudi Arabia that has been put off limits. Lots of coastal areas (far less than 1 mile deep) have been put off limits.

Lets drill on your land.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Really? OK, I've seen the Beverly Hillbillies, come drill, I can always buy more land! Real Estate is very cheap right now. I'll two for the price of one!

All joking aside, thats the answer. Whoever owns the land "out west" isnt going to give up the land for drilling, thats why it doesnt happen. The government and oil companies cant just decide to drill for oil on land.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    All joking aside, thats the answer. Whoever owns the land "out west" isnt going to give up the land for drilling, thats why it doesnt happen. The government and oil companies cant just decide to drill for oil on land.

Not really knowing the answer, but what about eminent domain? Seems more and more you hear about cities/states seizing private property via eminent domain to uitilize said property for a more suitable purpose...in the eyes of the taker.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

Not sure where you're coming from... our answers are complete opposites. If I had land... with oil (heavy or light), I could careless... come and drill. Bring on the $$$. It's not like you can't retake the land when its over, nor buy more. My folks own some major acreage in Texas with mineral rights. They get to decide who and when it gets mined.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

are you just wanting to argue or were you realy wanting the answer? cause right now it seems like it doesnt matter if i said it was federal land, youd still argue??? just wondering if i wanna waste my time here or not.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

You're joking right? ANWR is federal property. The oil shale extends into 3 states. Much is that is federal land, but I'm sure there is private property that could be used for access as well.

Top Bottom