• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    So I was perusing another popular gun site when I came across this little gem. Unfortunately the thread is in the Team section which is restricted to Team members only but I will do my best to post as much useful info as possible. It's very interesting to say the least....even more so when I did a little more research.

Cliff Notes version:

A home owner had a house for sale in an upscale neighborhood $500k+ homes in VA (apparently a neighborhood a certain NFL player who likes to watch Pit Bulls fight lives in). A day or so after the listing goes up, a neighbor sees moving vans pull in with a bunch of nefarious looking people unloading stuff and calls the owner to see if the house sold/rented. Owner says no, calls cops. The police investigate and find they broke in to the house, moved in and changed the locks. At first is looked like a squatters issue. However once they gained entry, they found weapons, military uniforms, fake military I.D.s, chem suits and chemicals. Apparently Langley AFB is just around the corner. They unload the crap out of the house per the courts approval and put out BOLO for the group because of the weapons, uniforms, fake I.D.s, and chem items. Around this same time the group, Moorish Science Temple of America, puts out the following notice in the local paper:

Be It Known; AsBe it known; as of June 1, 2010, the property(ies) located at: 1. EDITED FOR PERSEC Hampton VA 23669 and 2. Raintree Drive, 23666 is/are under the jurisdiction of The Moorish Science Temple of America. Any inquiries, contact: Moorish Science Temple of America PO Box 7158 Hampton, VA 23666

The OP of the thread's grandmother lives in the neighborhood and he lives not far from it. He has supposedly talked with the detectives working the case and they are very concerned. The local PD has had someone watching the house since this all kicked off 24/7.

Here is a local story about the issue. They portray it to be a squatter situation however it appears to be a lot more under the surface.

So who is the Moorish Science Temple of America?

Here is what VA State PD has to say about them:

From a 2009 Virginia Terrorism Threat Assessment prepared by the State Police:

The Moorish Science Temple of America (MSTA), also known as the Moorish Nation, is a collection of independent organizations that evolved in the early 1990’s. MSTA promotes an ideology that African Americans constitute an elite class with special rights and privileges that convey sovereign immunity to U.S. governments. MSTA proclaims its members are the descendants of the original inhabitants of North America and are outside the jurisdiction of the U.S. government and legal system. DHS estimates that fewer than 1,000 active members are currently in the U.S., but noted that self-identified MSTA members have been arrested in all parts of the U.S. Local groups are generally small and feature charismatic leaders.

Activity by members is typically limited to sovereign citizen-type violations of property and tax laws and attempts by individuals to impersonate diplomats; however, one MSTA affiliated individual was associated with the 1993 World Trade Center bombing plot. New DHS reporting suggests that some MSTA groups have attended events with numerous black separatist groups as well as street gangs such as the Bloods and Latin Kings. This same reporting also notes that MSTA members have also attended workshops by militias and militant tax protestors. In Virginia, the Moorish Science Temple of America has previously been reported in Chesterfield, Henrico, the Virginia Department of Corrections, and parts of northern Virginia. New reporting indicated at least one law enforcement encounter with MSTA in Hanover County. Virginia incidents involving MSTA members or activity have included fake license plates,ww claims of sovereignty, and traffic stop encounters with law enforcement.

Intelligence Gaps

1. Only a few jurisdictions have reported recent activity by sovereign citizens in the state – is this due to a lack of activity or a lack of detection and recognition?

2. Are there any indications that individuals within this movement are more willing to engage in violent incidents involving sovereign citizens in Virginia in the past?

3. Are Virginia-based individuals still producing their own license plates and driver’s licenses, or have these activities been replaced with fraudulent activity linked to property titles and deeds?

4. What are the current membership levels of MSTA in Virginia?

5. What impact, if any, has the 2008 election had within the MSTA movement in Virginia? Have any of the claims regarding potential birth certificate fraud involving President Obama emboldened MSTA members?

Projections

The threat posed from sovereign citizen groups is assessed as low; however, they are of concern as they have attempted to gain entry to sensitive areas including airports and government facilities using their false documents. The following projections are specific for Virginia, but include regional, national, and international data.

Attack Capability: Low – No current intelligence suggests the intent or capacity for attack.
    Membership/Influence: Remain Constant – No current intelligence supports efforts to recruit by these types of groups in Virginia.
    Fundraising Activities: Remain Constant – Adherents to this philosophy manufacture identification documents, however this does not currently appear to be a large-scale industry for this movement.
    Other Criminal Activities: Remain Constant – Virginia’s sovereign citizens primary criminal activity appears to be a failure to obey identification, licensing, and vehicle safety inspection requirements rather than violence or criminal enterprise.

So what does this have to do with us other than it being a pretty messed up situation for the country as a whole?

Well I looked at their web site and low and behold they have a temple here in Indiana....and it is NOT where you would think it might be from scanning the listings of their other temples located in liberal, high unemployment, crime ridden, gun free zones. The temple is in Hope, IN. Hope, IN just so happens to be in the middle of BFE (sorry to those who live around there, no offense) which just so happens to be within 14 miles of Camp Atterbury. A little further research showed the 99.9% of Hope's ~2140 population are white. Now given this thread and the info regarding the group as a whole I really have to ask myself why they have a temple in Hope....just outside of Camp Atterbury.

So what am I asking? Those who live in or around Hope, what do you know about this group or what can you find out? Is this a group that we should be concerned about that is in our own back yard? Normally I like to mind my own business but I think doing so for the most part by the freedom loving people of the US has helped bring us to this point in our countries history.

Their address is:

Brother E. Johnson-Bey, GS/Temple #55
    4182 N. 700 E.
    Hope, IN 47246
    (812) 546-5242

If they are peace loving people who just want a better life and to practice their religion I have no problem with them, but if they are anything other we need to watch them.

I'm very interested to see what people have to say. Thanks!

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Well if you would like to recon the place,stop by my house and I will take you over to meet them. Realy nice people,have known them most of my life. Did a paper for college on their religion,and yes it does differ from what most are thinkin. Went to school with the boys that are my age, and the father is most respected in the community. He has been the tonship trustee and just recieved a award for being part of the volunteer fire dept for like 30 years. they pay their taxes and the church or temple is based on family ground and is not for profit. What they make covers the temple and anything extra is donated to familys of any and all religions based on whom needs a hand up, if you are looking for the radicals they are not there. 30 years of experience with the familys insures me of that.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Well if you would like to recon the place,stop by my house and I will take you over to meet them. Realy nice people,have known them most of my life. Did a paper for college on their religion,and yes it does differ from what most are thinkin. Went to school with the boys that are my age, and the father is most respected in the community. He has been the tonship trustee and just recieved a award for being part of the volunteer fire dept for like 30 years. they pay their taxes and the church or temple is based on family ground and is not for profit. What they make covers the temple and anything extra is donated to familys of any and all religions based on whom needs a hand up, if you are looking for the radicals they are not there. 30 years of experience with the familys insures me of that.

That is precisely what I'm looking for. I'm not in the all Muslims are bad camp, however I am in the some definitely are. Just like I'm in the some white/black/Asian/Hispanics/etc are bad. The actions of a certain part of the group does not always reflect the entire group but sometimes it does. When I see information like that coming out of VA and I find the very same group here in Hope, IN, it really makes you wonder.

Since you are so close to the family, would you be interested in asking them what they think about the events in VA?

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    That is precisely what I'm looking for. I'm not in the all Muslims are bad camp, however I am in the some definitely are. Just like I'm in the some white/black/Asian/Hispanics/etc are bad. The actions of a certain part of the group does not always reflect the entire group but sometimes it does. When I see information like that coming out of VA and I find the very same group here in Hope, IN, it really makes you wonder.

Since you are so close to the family, would you be interested in asking them what they think about the events in VA?
    Will do and it will probably wont be until this weekend. Thats when i will have a chance to see my neighbors. The thing that really should be understood is that the are not a typical or news stated form of Muslim. they are Islamic and the religion is more family based. You dont just join, you are born into it. And the desendants are of Moroccan desent. The have a attachment to their name,usually-Bey. Jones, johnson, Frazer. these were the sir names given unto them by their slave masters and the Bey is the designation given unto their selves to signify their moroccan ancestory. If you would like more info i will send you a copy of the paper I wrote on them from interviews conducted for a interpersonal relationship class.

Last edited:

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Will do and it will probably wont be until this weekend. Thats when i will have a chance to see my neighbors. The thing that really should be understood is that the are not a typical or news stated form of Muslim. they are Islamic and the religion is more family based. You dont just join, you are born into it. And the desendants are of Moroccan desent. The have a attachment to their name,usually-Bey. Jones, johnson, Frazer. these were the sir names given unto them by their slave masters and the Bey is the designation given unto their selves to signify their moroccan ancestory. If you would like more info i will send you a copy of the paper I wrote on them from interviews conducted for a interpersonal relationship class.

I think if you posted your work it would be a good thing. The thing in VA is very concerning in lots of ways and when people see a group from the same organization here it makes you wonder.

Fortunately one bad egg, in this case group, doesn't always necessarily spoil the entire carton.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    I think if you posted your work it would be a good thing. The thing in VA is very concerning in lots of ways and when people see a group from the same organization here it makes you wonder.

Fortunately one bad egg, in this case group, doesn't always necessarily spoil the entire carton.

"Every religious basket has some nuts." That is the quote I got about this situation and have been told that the Temple does not condone violence or the breaking of any laws. He was unaware of this group as part of the Temple but said he would do some more checking. All he knew is what had been reported in the news.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    There are extremists in any religion whether it is Muslim, Jewish, Mormon, or many forms of Christianity that are practiced. However, I would like to hear more about the story from Virginia and its follow up.

Top Bottom